Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spitting up

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:06 PM
  • 27 Replies
My son is 6 months old and is ebf. He spits up A Lot and I don't know why. Any suggestions?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Bump
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Bump
MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM
My kids all spit up massive amounts until they can walk. It's because I have an over active letdown and oversupply.
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM
What is that and how would I know I have those?

Quoting MaryJarrett: My kids all spit up massive amounts until they can walk. It's because I have an over active letdown and oversupply.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Could be a lot of things. Bf babies do sometimes get reflux. It could also be something you're eating. Bf mamas can tell you more. Mine was a super spitter. He spit up all the time even with his reflux managed and no other symptoms.
307mama
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM
KellyMom.com has info. I had to cut dairy also and that helped. You may need to keep a food diary.

Quoting greenlove2013: What is that and how would I know I have those?

Quoting MaryJarrett: My kids all spit up massive amounts until they can walk. It's because I have an over active letdown and oversupply.
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM
I made a post in bf moms also

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Could be a lot of things. Bf babies do sometimes get reflux. It could also be something you're eating. Bf mamas can tell you more. Mine was a super spitter. He spit up all the time even with his reflux managed and no other symptoms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Join the breastfeeding group here & look up Kellymom.com, search over supply & over active let down.

greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I actually don't like that site lol I don't drink/eat dairy

Quoting 307mama: KellyMom.com has info. I had to cut dairy also and that helped. You may need to keep a food diary.

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Over active letdown is where the milk comes out forcefully. Oversupply is having "too much" milk. I use laid back nursing and block feeding to control mine, but honestly, since it's not a painful spit up, for us, just messy (like spilling 4-6 oz on the floor), I don't bother with it too much.

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN