Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

You know you live somewhere that has been in extreme drought for a very long time when it finally rains and this is all you see on your Facebook. Anybody else get some much needed rain this weekend?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! We do not get much rain here either and before yesterday, our town was down to about a 6-9 month supply of water left, I believe is what I last heard.

Quoting DixieL:

I'm glad you're finally getting a little rain now. We never have much in Vegas, where I live. I love the pictures.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Awesome! What part if Texas are you in?

Quoting MizzSuzy: I'm in Texas too. Our rain is starting today and supposed to rain everyday until next Saturday.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Yeah usually that is what happens to us, but for once we actually got some!

Quoting myempyreofdirt: I'm in NM and we got a little last night. The storms mostly went around us.
Josie_P
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I live in Dubai. According to my friends who are native here, the rainy season is like March but it only rained like four days of the month lol.

Quoting gcstar42: Where do you live? And there were some roads and places that flooded, but many of these pics are rivers, lakes, or creeks that are supposed to have water but have been dried up for a while now. Also a lot of it has already soaked i to the ground because the ground was so dry and just drank it up basically. We are supposed to get more though tonight, which we still desperately need. Our town and surrounding towns are literally almost out of water.

Quoting Josie_P: I haven't seen rain since we moved to where we are. Those floods look scary though! Hope everyone stays safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM
That area gets a little more rain than we do, but I know still not always enough considering the amount of people that live in the DFW area and use water.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Garland, right outside of Dallas

Quoting gcstar42: Lol you mean people don't stop to look at water everywhere else? Haha. What part of Texas did you live in? I am in San Angelo.

Quoting shivasgirl:

I used to live in Tx, now I am in Fl where it rains almost everyday in the summer. The first time I was at work and it rained I called everyone over to see the rain, they looked at me like I was insane. I had to explain how in Tx everyone stops what they are doing to look at the rain because we never know how long it will be before we see it again

gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Aww where do you live? Maybe it is on the way!

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Where is ours?!?! It was supposed to start today and nada.

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM

South of Austin. 

DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Quoting gcstar42: Thanks! We do not get much rain here either and before yesterday, our town was down to about a 6-9 month supply of water left, I believe is what I last heard.
Quoting DixieL:

I'm glad you're finally getting a little rain now. We never have much in Vegas, where I live. I love the pictures.

I'm even more happy that you got rain then. That sounds kind of scary. I hope you got enough to get you at least close to a year now.

leeannfarley
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Funny I'm from florida and born here, but I want to move to Texas lol

Quoting shivasgirl:

I used to live in Tx, now I am in Fl where it rains almost everyday in the summer. The first time I was at work and it rained I called everyone over to see the rain, they looked at me like I was insane. I had to explain how in Tx everyone stops what they are doing to look at the rain because we never know how long it will be before we see it again

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM

We've had too much damn rain here in Virginia.  I wish I could send you some of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)