Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

You know you live somewhere that has been in extreme drought for a very long time when it finally rains and this is all you see on your Facebook. Anybody else get some much needed rain this weekend?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
TessB
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM
It's been raining here in Honolulu also. The entire Memorial day weekend. We have flood watches, luckily we aren't in a food zone so we are safe but there are spots in the road where you have no choice but to drive through a good amount of water...nothing like your pics though!
rebeccarae
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM
No but California desperately needs it.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Lol well that is still more rainy days than we have had all year here! Literally from January 1st up until Friday we only had about 1/4 inch of rain total. Thankfully we got several inches this weekend though!

Quoting Josie_P: I live in Dubai. According to my friends who are native here, the rainy season is like March but it only rained like four days of the month lol.

Quoting gcstar42: Where do you live? And there were some roads and places that flooded, but many of these pics are rivers, lakes, or creeks that are supposed to have water but have been dried up for a while now. Also a lot of it has already soaked i to the ground because the ground was so dry and just drank it up basically. We are supposed to get more though tonight, which we still desperately need. Our town and surrounding towns are literally almost out of water.

Quoting Josie_P: I haven't seen rain since we moved to where we are. Those floods look scary though! Hope everyone stays safe!
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM
My hubby was in big lake this week. They had to evacuate location because of the tornadoes the other day. Scared the shit outta me.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM
I wish you could also!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

We've had too much damn rain here in Virginia.  I wish I could send you some of it.

risaspieces
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I live in Texas but we're not expecting any rain. We normally don't get any this time of year unless there's a hurricane.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM
The roads flood easily here because there is no underground drainage system or anything like that. Some of these pics show roads that were flooded and some of them show rivers, creeks, and lakes that are supposed to have water but were dry just a few days ago.

Quoting TessB: It's been raining here in Honolulu also. The entire Memorial day weekend. We have flood watches, luckily we aren't in a food zone so we are safe but there are spots in the road where you have no choice but to drive through a good amount of water...nothing like your pics though!
Trini
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I lived in Euless,Tx about 10 years ago and it rained maybe twice in the 9 months I lived there. I just remember dust clouds. Lol
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM
In that case, I hope y'all get some rain soon also!

Quoting rebeccarae: No but California desperately needs it.
mcsmom1
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I'm east of Abilene and we've only gotten about 1/2 inch this weekend. :( We need soooo much more rain. Our lake is at 23% capacity. It's nothing more than a mud puddle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)