Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

You know you live somewhere that has been in extreme drought for a very long time when it finally rains and this is all you see on your Facebook. Anybody else get some much needed rain this weekend?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Killeen. We got a huge storm today. I loved it
Uhura
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, up here in KS, it's been raining since Friday.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, we are in Lewisville, north of DFW.  We were so happy to see the rain.  We so need it.  I can't believe it's forecasted all week!  

gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep y'all need it about as much as we do! I'm surprised y'all didn't get at least a little of this. One of our lakes (O.C. Fisher) is completely dried up and at 0% (except today there are a few puddles in it lol). Lake Nasworthy was really low, but this rain brought it up to 100 %! One of these pics actually showed where they opened the flood gates to let water run to the Ivie reservoir, which is where we get most of our water that we use from.

Quoting mcsmom1:

I'm east of Abilene and we've only gotten about 1/2 inch this weekend. :( We need soooo much more rain. Our lake is at 23% capacity. It's nothing more than a mud puddle.

sometimesred
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Wow, never seen Lake Nasty Water so full!

Fordprefect
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We got a tiny bit of rain during an outdoor concert.

TessB
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I understand. I lived in Texas for 6 years and the worst flooding I've seen was there. I saw a car get washed down a stream! It gets crazy there.

Quoting gcstar42: The roads flood easily here because there is no underground drainage system or anything like that. Some of these pics show roads that were flooded and some of them show rivers, creeks, and lakes that are supposed to have water but were dry just a few days ago.

Quoting TessB: It's been raining here in Honolulu also. The entire Memorial day weekend. We have flood watches, luckily we aren't in a food zone so we are safe but there are spots in the road where you have no choice but to drive through a good amount of water...nothing like your pics though!
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Yup

risaspieces
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I used to live in Abilene, I do not miss the droughts there. Hope y'all get more rain.

Quoting mcsmom1:

I'm east of Abilene and we've only gotten about 1/2 inch this weekend. :( We need soooo much more rain. Our lake is at 23% capacity. It's nothing more than a mud puddle.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Bell County (Temple) and its forcasted this whole week for our area

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN