Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was adopted by a lesbian couple

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
1 mom liked this

Allow me to begin this post by saying that I am not against homosexuality or gay marriage.  Everyone has the right to love and share their lives with whomever they so desire.   

Growing up I missed the opportunity to have a male figure/father in my life.  I truly wanted one and was told by my moms that men were not necessary and that I was being silly.  In high school they were downright rude to every boy I brought home because he was not their chosen gender for me to have a relationship with.  They introduced me to other, younger lesbians in the vain hope that I might "change my mind" and realize that a man was not the answer to my future.  I resented them for not coming to terms with the fact that I am straight.  I like men, am attracted to men and I can't change that.

While attending college, I met my DH.  They were angry, disappointed and felt "taken" for everything they'd done for me.  (Their words exactly).  They stopped visiting me, and always seemed to be going out of time at my breaks and holidays.  Before I graduated I had not seen them for 2 years.  In short, they abandoned me because of my sexual orientation.  I an angry, disappointed and wonder why they did this to me.  In fact, why did they adopt me?  To fulfill a need in themselves?  

Three months ago I gave birth to our baby girl.  I called to tell them the great news hoping they'd be interested. They were underwhelmed.  I suppose I should have know better because they did not attend my wedding and they never acknowledged DH.  

Right now I am searching for my parents.  I want to meet them someday if they'll have me.  I want a mom and dad to love me as much as I love my DD.  DH says I should do what feels is right, but not get my hopes up because it would be too far to fall.

*edited 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM
10 moms liked this

How very sad for you. You would think being lesbians themselves they would be more understanding about sexual orientation, but I guess ignorance and selfishness comes in all shapes and sizes. 

I hope you have a great relationship with your dh's parents. This way, no matter how the search for your birth parents might pan out, at least they can help fill the void you have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM

That happened. 

rebeccarae
by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM
It's interesting to see different perspectives, hope you find your peace OP.
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Poppycock!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm sorry you had shitty parents. A lot of us had shitty parents. It doesn't matter what their sexual orientation is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Thanks.  I know it may take a while to track them down, but I need to try.  Maybe one or both is looking for me!

Quoting handy0318:

How very sad for you. You would think being lesbians themselves they would be more understanding about sexual orientation, but I guess ignorance and selfishness comes in all shapes and sizes. 

I hope you have a great relationship with your dh's parents. This way, no matter how the search for your birth parents might pan out, at least they can help fill the void you have.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. My daughter isn't raised in a man hating house and we have a wonderful friendship with her donor. She will grow up knowing him as "uncle". He comes over and hangs out on a regular basis and sometimes brings his son. She also has two uncles and a living grandfather for role models.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Pretty sure many straight parents are just like that. Is this a metaphor or some reverse psychology lesson?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM

My parents frowned upon me having anything to do with the entire male gender.  That's really beyond shitty, and yes, in this case it had everything to do with their sexual orientation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you had shitty parents. A lot of us had shitty parents. It doesn't matter what their sexual orientation is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM
6 moms liked this
Every child needs a mom and a dad, thats the way it's supposed to be. No child should have to be with same sex parents, it's not right
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)