Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ladies think it'd be ok if

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I call dd's dad to check on her? He has had her over night since Friday I miss my baby and haven't seen her since she left. I try not to call because him and his wife get pissed if I do.

He has her until tomorrow night at 6p. He's never kept her for 4 days in a row like this. I understand this is his holiday but I just want to hear from my baby.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM
That's silly. If you and the bf were still together your kids would get to tell you both good night every night. Dh and bm rarely miss a night to tell their kids good night. It's not so much checking up on them, they both ask the normal parent questions, how was school, did you have homework, what else did you do today, just stuff about their day.

Quoting Anonymous: I am talking from my standpoint obviously. It would in fact take a judge ordering it before I would allow it.

Quoting Anonymous: Not always true. In our state it's a generic clause in all parenting plans, it's automatic unless you can show excessive contact or calling at inappropriate times, like middle of the night or something.

Quoting Anonymous: You would need a judge to order that if I were the other parent.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I would call her every night to tell her good night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I know she isn't used to being with him for extended amounts of time it's usually pick up drop off and pick back up every other holiday....and regular weekend visits

Quoting Anonymous: I wasn't questioning you. I understand the desire on extended visits and special occasions.

Quoting Anonymous: Pink I won't call every night her dad deserves time with her too. we have a co but things are left out so we can work them out like phone calls.

I don't call or text when he has her this is the first time I've ever been away from her for 4 days I'm used to her being home at 6p Sunday lol. I'm not used to it being so quiet unless she's asleep.

Quoting Anonymous: You would need a judge to order that if I were the other parent.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM
You realize this was a hypothetical situation, right? I also never said a thing about denying a child who wanted to call a parent. If you want to change the entire conversation you may as well have it with someone else as well.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Way to use your children as pawns.  Did it ever f*cking occur to you that the child would actually want to tell his/her other parent good night?  You destroyed your kids lives by ripping away their dad from their home and the very least you could do is to swallow some of that hate and realize that those kids still have a dad and deserve to have some continuity of normalcy in their lives and if that means nightly calls to say good night then be the bigger person and let it happen.  I don't care what caused the divorce and neither should the kids. Don't use them as pawns.

Quoting Anonymous: You're entitled to that opinion however my world and time with my children are not going to be interrupted for nightly check ins. If we are out or watching a movie or playing a game...etc. That is MY time. I would afford you the same respect. I'm not talking about the occasional call when the child is gone for a longer time or under a special circumstance. In general, however, it would not happen daily.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

That's just silly.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I don't think your response was exactly hypothetical.  I was responding to the OP, not you and you jumped in about how you would need a court order for that to happen.  Sounds like I hit a little too close to home.  You might want to reflect on that.

Quoting Anonymous: You realize this was a hypothetical situation, right? I also never said a thing about denying a child who wanted to call a parent. If you want to change the entire conversation you may as well have it with someone else as well.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Way to use your children as pawns.  Did it ever f*cking occur to you that the child would actually want to tell his/her other parent good night?  You destroyed your kids lives by ripping away their dad from their home and the very least you could do is to swallow some of that hate and realize that those kids still have a dad and deserve to have some continuity of normalcy in their lives and if that means nightly calls to say good night then be the bigger person and let it happen.  I don't care what caused the divorce and neither should the kids. Don't use them as pawns.

Quoting Anonymous: You're entitled to that opinion however my world and time with my children are not going to be interrupted for nightly check ins. If we are out or watching a movie or playing a game...etc. That is MY time. I would afford you the same respect. I'm not talking about the occasional call when the child is gone for a longer time or under a special circumstance. In general, however, it would not happen daily.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

That's just silly.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:13 AM
You are entitled to an opinion, I am entitled to a different one.

Quoting Anonymous: If you're raising a child together, you should be able to act like an adult and not need to run to a judge for petty things.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM
I gotta get used to the extended over nights lol first time we've ever did these. It's usually weekend visits and drop offs on Sundays with pick ups again every other holiday he also sees her during the week when he wants.

Quoting mommy211983: I say call. If it was my kid I'd miss him!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Of course you were responding to the OP and I am telling you that the scenario you laid out is obnoxious, in my opinion.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I don't think your response was exactly hypothetical.  I was responding to the OP, not you and you jumped in about how you would need a court order for that to happen.  Sounds like I hit a little too close to home.  You might want to reflect on that.

Quoting Anonymous: You realize this was a hypothetical situation, right? I also never said a thing about denying a child who wanted to call a parent. If you want to change the entire conversation you may as well have it with someone else as well.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

That's just silly.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I do not know how you do it! Lol I'd miss my kid so bad!

Quoting Anonymous: I gotta get used to the extended over nights lol first time we've ever did these. It's usually weekend visits and drop offs on Sundays with pick ups again every other holiday he also sees her during the week when he wants.

Quoting mommy211983: I say call. If it was my kid I'd miss him!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Using your children to hurt your ex is just not a healthy thing at all.

Quoting Anonymous: You are entitled to an opinion, I am entitled to a different one.

Quoting Anonymous: If you're raising a child together, you should be able to act like an adult and not need to run to a judge for petty things.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Doesn't he ever call to talk to her on your time? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)