Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That is what my kids call this! We have banana's (half ready to be eaten, the other half green), red/green apples, oranges on the bottom and of course tomatoes. =D

How long would this last in your house? 

Here we will be lukcy if it makes it a week with all 4 of us eating it. 

by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 26, 2014 at 12:07 AM

It would rot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:07 AM
We buy only organic though, so if this isn't organic then we wouldn't have it anyway.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous: A weekend, maybe. My kids eat fruit like crazy!

Mine too, that is why I have to pace them. LOL. 

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:07 AM
About 2 weeks.
Heisenberg
by on May. 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

We wouldn't eat that many apples but our fruit lasts almost a week. Usually 4-5 pears, 1 bag of apples, 1 bunch of bananas, 3 or 4 containers of berries and maybe a peach or two.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I love how much they love the good stuff!

DS is on a raw carrot kick, he ate an entire Costco sized bag of baby carrots last week, by himself. I just bought him a 5lb bag of whole carrots, per his request. 

Their joint favorite raw veggie is cherry tomatoes. 

DD loves sweet peppers. 

Quoting MilkLover0203: At least they like the healthy snacks. I have edible flowers my sons are always picking to eat, and they eat my peppers right off the plants. They're good eaters.
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting MilkLover0203: Every three days I get a pile like that from the grocery store, and that's not including everything I get from the farmers market on Saturdays. I really fear they'll eat me out of house, and home when they're older.

If I didn't limit them they would eat if all in a matter of days. I make them eat yogurt and raw veggies, if I didn't they'd eat nothing but fruit! (They like the yogurt/veggies but it isn't their first choice)

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Heisenberg:

We wouldn't eat that many apples but out fruit lasts almost a week. Usually 4-5 pears, 1 bag of apples, 1 bunch of bananas, 3 or 4 containers of berries and maybe a peach or two.

DH and I love apples, it is our favorite late night snack. 

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Mobile Photo

Mmmm, cold carrots. Yum! These are gypsy peppers from the farmers market. Add some cream cheese. So good.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

DS is on a raw carrot kick, he ate an entire Costco sized bag of baby carrots last week, by himself. I just bought him a 5lb bag of whole carrots, per his request. 

DD loves sweet peppers. 

Quoting MilkLover0203: At least they like the healthy snacks. I have edible flowers my sons are always picking to eat, and they eat my peppers right off the plants. They're good eaters.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting MilkLover0203: Every three days I get a pile like that from the grocery store, and that's not including everything I get from the farmers market on Saturdays. I really fear they'll eat me out of house, and home when they're older.

If I didn't limit them they would eat if all in a matter of days. I make them eat yogurt and raw veggies, if I didn't they'd eat nothing but fruit! (They like the yogurt/veggies but it isn't their first choice)

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Nope it isn't. We tried buying nothing but organic and couldn't afford it. Yes, we even shopped at farmers markets. We buy it when it is one sale, and everything that comes from our gardens is organic but it isn't a priority for us right now. They are still getting lots of good stuff from it so I'm not concerned. 

Quoting Anonymous: We buy only organic though, so if this isn't organic then we wouldn't have it anyway.
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous: A weekend, maybe. My kids eat fruit like crazy!

Mine too, that is why I have to pace them. LOL. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM

The apples would still be there in 3 months and the bananas would have to be bread soon, lol. This time of year we get peaches, nectarines, strawberries and watermelon. I save apples for fall :)

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I've never heard of gypsy peppers. Are they sweet?

Quoting MilkLover0203:

Mobile Photo

Mmmm, cold carrots. Yum! These are gypsy peppers from the farmers market. Add some cream cheese. So good.
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

DD loves sweet peppers. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)