Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That is what my kids call this! We have banana's (half ready to be eaten, the other half green), red/green apples, oranges on the bottom and of course tomatoes. =D

How long would this last in your house? 

Here we will be lukcy if it makes it a week with all 4 of us eating it. 

by on May. 25, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-28):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Quoting csxt99:

It would rot.

Not fruit eaters? What about raw veggies?

supermariomoma
by Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM
My youngest would eat that by himself within a day or two if I didnt stop him! Otherwise it would last about a week between myself and two boys. My daughter wouldnt touch it unless we had nutella to dip it in! Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

A few days. We go through a bunch of bananas a day, not kidding. My freezer is always stocked with frozen strawberries, mango, pineapple, cherries, peaches and blueberries for smoothies. I also make sure I have strawberries, blueberries, grapes, cantaloupe, pears and raspberries. Then I buy seasonal, but of course that varies with seasons. Everything is always organic also. We go through a ton of fruit (and veggies) each week because I'm a raw vegan, lol. 

csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

We do eat fruit and raw veggies, but that is just too much for us. Some of it would end up rotting before it was eaten.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting csxt99:

It would rot.

Not fruit eaters? What about raw veggies?

Heisenberg
by on May. 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I dont' eat much fruit and DH doesn't eat any. I'm more of a raw veggie kind of girl. My DD loves apples but DS has trouble eating them. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Heisenberg:

We wouldn't eat that many apples but out fruit lasts almost a week. Usually 4-5 pears, 1 bag of apples, 1 bunch of bananas, 3 or 4 containers of berries and maybe a peach or two.

DH and I love apples, it is our favorite late night snack. 

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
To me they taste just like banana peppers. I have four banana pepper plants in my yard but we'd already eaten all the peppers off so I was happy to see baskets of these at the farmers market.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I've never heard of gypsy peppers. Are they sweet?

Quoting MilkLover0203:

Mobile Photo

Mmmm, cold carrots. Yum! These are gypsy peppers from the farmers market. Add some cream cheese. So good.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I love how much they love the good stuff!

DS is on a raw carrot kick, he ate an entire Costco sized bag of baby carrots last week, by himself. I just bought him a 5lb bag of whole carrots, per his request. 

Their joint favorite raw veggie is cherry tomatoes. 

DD loves sweet peppers. 

Quoting MilkLover0203: At least they like the healthy snacks. I have edible flowers my sons are always picking to eat, and they eat my peppers right off the plants. They're good eaters.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting MilkLover0203: Every three days I get a pile like that from the grocery store, and that's not including everything I get from the farmers market on Saturdays. I really fear they'll eat me out of house, and home when they're older.

If I didn't limit them they would eat if all in a matter of days. I make them eat yogurt and raw veggies, if I didn't they'd eat nothing but fruit! (They like the yogurt/veggies but it isn't their first choice)

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM

BUMP!

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM
A week maybe week amd a half. We love fruit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)