Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are divorced/separated, how long until you moved on?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

My husband was mentally abusive. I checked out of our marriage about a year before it actually ended. I didn't cheat, didn't even think about it.... Honestly, I was worried something would happen to me anyways.. 

Anyways... we have been separated for 7 months now. A month ago, I met a man. He is sweet, caring, loving.. and AMAZING dad... and he treats me so well... 

He is meeting my family tomorrow... Im so nervous...    I have fallen for him already... I am a little worried it might be too soon... but you can't help how you feel, right?  He makes me laugh and I believe he genuinely cares about me.... 

If you and your husband split/divorced, how long did you wait to move on?  I wasnt looking for anything, I just met him by chance. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM
I've been separated for almost two years and I haven't dated or anything, but no one has ever been interested. But I've also never gone out and tried to meet anyone so idk. It'll probably be a couple more years, if ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I've been separated for almost two years and I haven't dated or anything, but no one has ever been interested. But I've also never gone out and tried to meet anyone so idk. It'll probably be a couple more years, if ever.

Yeah, I didnt go out and look either. He happens to be a friend of my best friend's husband...  We just hit it off really well... 

mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on May. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
My 1st marriege ended in a mutual divorce even before the divorve was final (it takes 6 months in NE) he already had a new gf, I waited a year before I dated again. I didn't meet my current DH til I was 23, I got divorced when I was 20, didn't marry my current DH til I was 24 and I'll be 26 come July 10th.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I think you might be me. This is exactly how I am.

Quoting Anonymous: I've been separated for almost two years and I haven't dated or anything, but no one has ever been interested. But I've also never gone out and tried to meet anyone so idk. It'll probably be a couple more years, if ever.
mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:38 AM
I separated from my husband right before I found out I was pregnant. He was constantly unfaithful, lied about everything even things that didn't matter, and started becoming violent in the end. After I found out I was pregnant, I tried to work things out, he tried to throw me down a flight of stairs. I went on my first date when my son was one, so about a year and 8 months. I met my fiance when my son was 16 months that was my first and serious relationship after the divorce.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I don't know where I would meet people. I don't know if id be willing to put in any effort. Maybe I'm lazy lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I think you might be me. This is exactly how I am.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM
It took me a year after our divorce to forgive them (he cheated on me) & ask for forgiveness. After that I was able to move on with my life. Once I was able to do that I found the one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm focusing on my kids, my finances (getting a good job), my education, an myself. I was a military wife, sahm, and stay at home wife for the better part of 15 years. I lost myself along the way and need to get myself in order before I even think about a guy!

Quoting Anonymous: I don't know where I would meet people. I don't know if id be willing to put in any effort. Maybe I'm lazy lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I think you might be me. This is exactly how I am.

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Three years here but mostly this. I'm not really looking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Just go with the flow and move slow. I don't think there is a basic time line on how long you should wait. Enjoy the time with this new man and take it slow. Enjoy time together and dates and all the fun stuff. Don't rush the commitment stuff until you're positive you're ready. You don't want to rush in but then again you don't want to pass up a good one because you think people will think it's too soon. Every marriage and divorce is different. If you didn't want the divorce it would take longer...If you were unhappy and ready for divorce then there is no grieving. Just enjoy life now...you deserve it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)