Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I feel I've become numb to my daughter's cries. Im sitting here listening to her cry and scream in her room and I don't want to go try to console her. They are mostly angry cries. I tried to help her go to sleep and she screamed at me in there and hit me and tried to rip my glasses off. So I said goodnight and shut the door. And I don't even feel sad she's crying.

Just fyi.... She's 3 and has autism.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Um, I don't really know what to say. If she's safe in there, and you're at the end of your rope, you're both better off where you are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Stay strong ... sometimes tough love is the answer. Maybe just give yourself a time out, have some wine? She will be ok hopefully she calms down soon :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 12:39 AM
I'm just really tired ... Ready for her to be asleep so I can sleep.
Quoting Anonymous: Stay strong ... sometimes tough love is the answer. Maybe just give yourself a time out, have some wine? She will be ok hopefully she calms down soon :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:39 AM
I've felt that way about my youngest. She was a SUPER colicky baby and would cry 10 hours a day. You can't do anything to make her feel better so you really just become numb to the crying. Like, oh the baby is crying again, I could spend the next 5 hours hating myself and trying to make her feel better and failing or she could just cry anyway.
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Have you tried "brushing". joint compression/ pressure therapy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Mine wasn't colicky but she's fought sleep since the day she was born. Bedtime is the most dreadful time of day.
Sorry yours was so uncomfortable for so long.... Hope they outgrew it pretty young.
Quoting Anonymous: I've felt that way about my youngest. She was a SUPER colicky baby and would cry 10 hours a day. You can't do anything to make her feel better so you really just become numb to the crying. Like, oh the baby is crying again, I could spend the next 5 hours hating myself and trying to make her feel better and failing or she could just cry anyway.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 26, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Wow and wtf? Sorry but it seems she needs you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 12:46 AM
She likes joint compression but she's in a state that it just won't help. She just hates going to sleep so much ... The state of being sleepy really upsets her and you just have to get her over that edge. Tonight I can't help her. Sometimes she does better figuring it out on her own. It just involves some screaming.
Quoting Amybelle:

Have you tried "brushing". joint compression/ pressure therapy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2014 at 12:47 AM
She had colic for 5 months. She's 6 months now and she's still super sensitive and hates everything but she doesn't scream at me as much anymore.

Quoting Anonymous: Mine wasn't colicky but she's fought sleep since the day she was born. Bedtime is the most dreadful time of day.
Sorry yours was so uncomfortable for so long.... Hope they outgrew it pretty young.
Quoting Anonymous: I've felt that way about my youngest. She was a SUPER colicky baby and would cry 10 hours a day. You can't do anything to make her feel better so you really just become numb to the crying. Like, oh the baby is crying again, I could spend the next 5 hours hating myself and trying to make her feel better and failing or she could just cry anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN