Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will get my kids back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 327 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am nervous tomorrow is my hearing. I lost custody about 1 yr ago. They are with the dad and his fiance. 

Now I do have a drug and criminal past. My ex I heard hired a mean lawyer. His friends were saying how he makes the other party cry. 

But the good stuff I have been clean for 8 months no criminal charges since. I have a great BF who has a steady job. I don't work so I can be a atay at home mom. If I do get a job My family will watch her.My ex and his fiance both work.  She goes to a babysitter. They sometimes work OT. My ex says they work it to get out of debt faster. 

What are my chances? I live in PA and I am the mom.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 6:01 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM

BUMP!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM
38 moms liked this

I would think if you had a job it would go better for you to show you can support your daughter. Not a live in BF. Sorry, but if I were the judge, I'd leave her where she is. You may have a home for her now, but it's being provided by someone you're not even married to, not you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2014 at 6:07 AM
3 moms liked this
So how many kids do you have? In the beginning, you indicate you have more than one (kids, they). As your post goes on, you talk about one (her, she).

And if this is real, you need to get a job to support your kid(s), not rely on your boyfriend.
booaura
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 6:10 AM
8 moms liked this
Get a job, get rid of the boyfriend. Your one and only focus should be your children. You can't support your child, so why should the judge give you more than visitation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 26, 2014 at 6:11 AM
2 moms liked this

You need a job, not a live in boyfriend, as a recovering addict. The "mean" lawyer is going to try and say that you can't hold a job because you are still struggling with your addictions. If I were the judge I'd leave the kids where they are, not give them to you. 

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I doubt you will get custody. You will probably get visitation if you don't already have it. You will probably get more visitation than you currently if you have it or restrictions such as supervision removed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 6:15 AM

I have 2 one is 1 and the other is 5. The older one is in school most of the time so I just said my DD is at a babysitter. But I guess now the both will be.

Quoting Anonymous: So how many kids do you have? In the beginning, you indicate you have more than one (kids, they). As your post goes on, you talk about one (her, she). And if this is real, you need to get a job to support your kid(s), not rely on your boyfriend.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 6:15 AM
2 moms liked this

You need to show that you're responsible and can take care of your children, so you need to get a job. Your bf working will have no bearing on the judges decision, but getting cleaned up like you did is a start for visitation rights for now.

AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 6:16 AM
You have to prove that YOU can support them & stay clean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)