Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Way to give your kid a complex.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
My dd is in fifth grade. There is a girl who has been in her class off and on since Kinder. The kid is always perfectly put together. Nails are always done. Clothes are perfect. You can tell her eyebrows are done. The works.

Well a few days ago I was at the school for a parent lunch. I ended up talking to the mom. The girl had walked over and a hair was out of place. The mom told her she was a mess. Then turned to me and said sorry my kid looks like a hooligan. Then turned back to the kid and told her they had an appt that afternoon because the kids roofs were showing. I looked a little closer. This kid has medium brown hair that is dyed blond.

Then my kid comes over in jeans, a dance studio shirt, converse, and a messy side ponytail. Guess I fail at teaching my kid to be a lady.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 7:20 AM
You can be extreme in either direction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM
That poor child. Hers, not yours. There's teaching kids to take care of their hygiene and then there's overboard. She's going way overboard!!

Way to teach the child that momma won't be happy with you unless you look "perfect".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I agree. But they are kids. My kids clothes for them. They leave in the morning meat and clean. But I will not have them so concerned with appearance. My dd is a dancer. She is up at 5 on her own to stretch and practice. She is semi careful about what she eats. But that is her decision. I don't force her to get up that early. Nor would I be upset if she skipped if.

Quoting booaura: You can be extreme in either direction.
MeaganP
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Don't worry your dd will get over going to the dance studio.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Ok. Her choice. She can quit when she wants. I don't force her.

Quoting MeaganP: Don't worry your dd will get over going to the dance studio.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Maybe not. A lot of those girls end up with eating disorders :/

booaura
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM
And that's how you decided to parent her. If another mother decides to take it in the extreme, well, that's her right.

Quoting Anonymous: I agree. But they are kids. My kids clothes for them. They leave in the morning meat and clean. But I will not have them so concerned with appearance. My dd is a dancer. She is up at 5 on her own to stretch and practice. She is semi careful about what she eats. But that is her decision. I don't force her to get up that early. Nor would I be upset if she skipped if.

Quoting booaura: You can be extreme in either direction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom14
by on May. 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Dont be influenced by the parenting of that mother. Your girl is still a child shes living her childhood, where things arent supposed to be perfect, she isnt meant to look as if she is off to a pagent. Mom your doing a great job that mother isnt and she will later regret it..
MeaganP
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM
She is already up at 5 and watching her weight

She her mind she can't quit

Quoting Anonymous: Ok. Her choice. She can quit when she wants. I don't force her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is an excellent eater. She eats healthy foods. But she eats. She loves grilled chicken and asparagus. Actually any veggie. But I watch my kids and don't make a big deal over weight, size or appearance.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe not. A lot of those girls end up with eating disorders :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN