Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if you saw this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I was sitting outside last night with my sisters boyfriend. A car was parked out in the street two houses down. This big truck was backing out of the apartments across the street and backed right into the car. Hard enough to make a loud crash and shook the car. Then he just drove off. I tried to get his license plate, but it was dark and I couldn't see. We walked down and looked at the car, and sure enough there was a big dent and scratch down the side. After awhile the truck came back, but the guy didn't pay no attention to the car. Just walked inside. So I went and got his license plate and wrote a note stating what I saw and stuck it on the car. I did not leave my name or anything, because I didn't really want to talk to anybody, so I just wrote a note, and left it at that. What would you have done if you saw that?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd have called the police. Not much can be done with a note. Thw owner can't prove it without a witness.

But at least you did something I guess, even if it was useless.
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I would have included my name and phone number on the note so I could be contacted if the police/insurance needed my statement.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 26, 2014 at 10:58 AM
When the guy back, I would've gotten the license plate (like you did), but I would've called the non-emergency line to the police and reported what I saw.
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have called the police rather than writing it on a note and putting it on the car. That way they could have handled it accordingly. 

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Called the cops as soon as the guy came back once I got the license plate number.

Chirinos
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I would of called the cops
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM
But I do not want to talk to the police. That is EXACTLY why I didn't leave my name or number.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman: I would have included my name and phone number on the note so I could be contacted if the police/insurance needed my statement.
The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM
This. Luckily when something like that happened to ours, we were able to prove it by paint scuffs. Hopefully he can do the same.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd have called the police. Not much can be done with a note. Thw owner can't prove it without a witness.

But at least you did something I guess, even if it was useless.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Call the police. You are a witness. That would be a big help for the car owner!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I have no warrants and am not a criminal so I am happy to talk to the police.

Quoting Anonymous: But I do not want to talk to the police. That is EXACTLY why I didn't leave my name or number.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman: I would have included my name and phone number on the note so I could be contacted if the police/insurance needed my statement.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)