Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fake it until you Make it

Posted by on May. 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 28 Replies
Would you deny your religion to save your life?
Or be ready to convert into another one if that meant that you got to live?
I was reading the Christian pregnant lady who was sentenced to hang for refusing to convert so i asked my co workers(4 of them) 3 people said they wouldn't and one is battling between saving her life and having the shame of denying God.
And I'm sitting here like " I'd piss on a goat, drink mermaid blood and dance with Buddha if that meant i got to save my life and my children's life".
by on May. 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Yeah. I'm with you. God would have to understand. I'd fake it at least until I could find religious asylum elsewhere. Save my life first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM
It's tricky because she's pregnant. If it was just me, I probably wouldn't renounce my faith. Jesus said "deny me before men and I will deny you before my father". But if I was pregnant, I would probably do whatever I had to to protect my innocent child.

I can't say for sure since the odds of my being in that situation are slim, but I think that's how I'd react.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Since I am an atheist I have no fear of pissing off an invisible power if I lie so that is what I would do and then I would leave and go to a place where I can not have a religion in peace. 

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I would not deny God as a Christian.  I hope.  In America, we most likely will never face that choice.

Although a teen in Columbine did.  She was asked, 'do you believe in God'  She said yes, and was killed.  If a 16 year old can have that courage, I hope I can.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM

The execution (if it happens) will not be until the baby is born.

I admire her faith.

Quoting Anonymous: It's tricky because she's pregnant. If it was just me, I probably wouldn't renounce my faith. Jesus said "deny me before men and I will deny you before my father". But if I was pregnant, I would probably do whatever I had to to protect my innocent child. I can't say for sure since the odds of my being in that situation are slim, but I think that's how I'd react.

myflowerasd
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I would not deny my faith even if it cost me my life. My faith is a big part of who I am and I could no more deny it then I could any other part of me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Any god who wouldn't understand doing everything you can to save your baby is not worthy of worship, imo.
Yes, I would fake it until I could run.
Luckily I am not religious, and don't live anywhere where I would have to make that choice.
1stpreggers
by on May. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I'm an atheist, but I'd say whatever they wanted to hear to save my baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM
They generally wait until the baby is born. From what I was reading, that may not happen in this case. In any case, do you really think she's getting proper prenatal care in that prison? Plus, it said her other child want fairing well in prison. The current well being of my children (both born and in utero) would outweigh concern for my eternal place.

Quoting liltampa71:

The execution (if it happens) will not be until the baby is born.

I admire her faith.

Quoting Anonymous: It's tricky because she's pregnant. If it was just me, I probably wouldn't renounce my faith. Jesus said "deny me before men and I will deny you before my father". But if I was pregnant, I would probably do whatever I had to to protect my innocent child.

I can't say for sure since the odds of my being in that situation are slim, but I think that's how I'd react.

Infinitex3
by Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I'm an Atheist. I can pretend I believe in religion to save my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)