Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession: I'm disappointed in my husband.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I need to vent and I can't talk to family or friends about this. I've talked to dh a little but I'm trying to be supportive and don't want to break his spirit.

Dh worked at a company that paid straight commission and offered no benefits. I was 100% on board when he decided to leave and find another job. He quickly found a job with a waste management company as a driver. Doing what he thought was the right thing he gave a two week notice, unfortunately his previous employer let him go early and only paid him half of his draw. He also missed out on his Christmas bonus. He went three weeks without pay until he began training for the new job. This put us behind significantly.

He worked long hours and the pay wasn't all that great. His schedule made it difficult for me to work around his schedule but I managed to find a position on the weekends as a CNA. We began getting caught up but an opportunity for a higher paying job presented itself as a mixer driver. He would make more than enough and I wouldn't have to work although I still wanted to.

I was very happy he found the job because it provided so many benefits including profit sharing which would give us 50k to put down on a house in 5 years. I am going back to school and planned everything out. The job seemed perfect.

But he hated it and the hours were long. Within a month he wanted to look for something else. I did everything I could to make things easier. I even handled all transportation with his kids. The job was difficult and he was miserable. I understood but asked that he just bear with me until we get caught up (including child support arrears) and save some money. I planned to apply to an LPN program to finish school faster, get a job, and take some of the burden. Just give me a year! I quit my job because his biggest complaint was we never saw each other. I did all I could so he could hold on...

And then he quit last Monday on the spot. No plan in place...nothing other than a feeling "we will be okay". I don't feel that way and I'm trying to be positive. I've been applying to jobs left and right. Unfortunately I can only make 1/4 of what he can. He's applied to one place but hasn't heard back. I'm scared and losing hope. I know he was miserable but I want to ask him "how could you do this to us?"

Sorry thanks for letting me vent. :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmeow
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Wow. I'm really sorry he did that. Is it possible he's going through some kind of mid-life crisis? I just couldn't imagine a right-minded person quitting a job with no plan in place and a family to look after.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM
That would seriously piss me off since he didn't have another job in place already!!
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Tell him how his actions made you feel. How are you suppose to work as a team if one if you is making major life decisions without input from the other? What he did was selfish. I'd be livid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I don't know. He's only 35 but this is very out of character for him. I know he's been depressed lately. :(

Quoting kmeow:

Wow. I'm really sorry he did that. Is it possible he's going through some kind of mid-life crisis? I just couldn't imagine a right-minded person quitting a job with no plan in place and a family to look after.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't be supportive, of someone being selfish and irresponsible. In fact I'd be pissed, and wouldn't hide it either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Well that's you and not everyone is going to react the same way.

Quoting hautemama83: I couldn't be supportive, of someone being selfish and irresponsible. In fact I'd be pissed, and wouldn't hide it either.
RJC78
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I was married to a guy that job-hopped like that.  It didn't last long and I thank God every day that we didn't have any kids together.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Uh no shit Sherlock. Pretty sure saying *I* gave it away. O.o

Quoting Anonymous: Well that's you and not everyone is going to react the same way.

Quoting hautemama83: I couldn't be supportive, of someone being selfish and irresponsible. In fact I'd be pissed, and wouldn't hide it either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM
You always get so defensive and bitchy in your replies.

Quoting hautemama83: Uh no shit Sherlock. Pretty sure saying *I* gave it away. O.o

Quoting Anonymous: Well that's you and not everyone is going to react the same way.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:33 AM
No, I just find stating the obvious stupid and redundant.

Quoting Anonymous: You always get so defensive and bitchy in your replies.

Quoting hautemama83: Uh no shit Sherlock. Pretty sure saying *I* gave it away. O.o

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN