Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to the nasty woman who came into my work with her child....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am a server in a local popular pizza restaurant (popular in our area anyway) we have great food and are a family owned place. I work weekends to make a little extra cash. While working yesterday evening I had a mother and her toddler son come in with either her friend or sister and her daughter. 

first thing I hear when they enter the restaurant is "IM GONNA POP YOU IN YOUR EYE IF YOU DONT LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!" - she then continues to go over to our ice cream freezer and give both children an ice cream sandwich (without paying for it) she is yacking on the phone completely ignoring me and my coworker pausing at random moments to scream at her son "SIT THE F*** DOWN AND SHUT UP" Her friend had come up and quietly ordered some food for take out, paid and sat down quietly with her daughter. The loudmouth mother continues to yack on the phone, then, her son drops his ice cream sandwich, as a toddler he got very upset, but thankfully the ice cream was still partially in the wrapper and not one part of it touched the ground. The mother then starts screaming profantiies at her son, hands me the ice cream to throw away (again, still not paid for) and grabs ANOTHER ice cream.. at this point me and my coworker are getting irritated because we are trying to make sure this woman isn't stealing. After a few minutes of yacking some more and screaming at her son to "SHUT THE F*** UP" and "SIT THE F*** DOWN" she finally gets off the phone and ordered her food. I asked her about the 3 ice creams she grabbed and she then got irritated that I even mentioned them, um, not free lady... 

this little boy looked hot, tired and was a mess. I am assuming they were out and about playing and were picking up dinner. The mother may have been frazzled and irriated, but that is no excuse to scream such profanties and threaten to HIT your child in the face.. all we could do was shake our heads. This little boy wasn't running around terrorizing anything, he wasn't screaming. The only time he cried was when he dropped his ice cream and when his mother yelled at him the first time.

it was just very sad to watch and listen to this happening. I don't care who you are, you cannot expect toddlers to just sit down and shut up on command, most importantly, kids drop things! I dont know, I know its none of my concern but I really just don't understand how some people can treat children this way.. and in PUBLIC! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on May. 26, 2014 at 11:17 AM
That shit makes me sick I hate seeing people degrade and threaten their children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoccerMomQuin
by Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I would have called cps or cops immediately. That is not in any way acceptable behavior.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM
That shit is terrible, how did you keep yourself from boxing her in the mouth?
Christy_517
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM
:( Poor kiddo.
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Thats so sad... and think about what that little boy goes through at home, if thats how mom treats him in public! 

Did she pay with a card?  If so, you have her name, so id report her to CPS.  Calling the hotline to make a report is not "getting someone in trouble" or accusing them of abuse.  CPS had trained people that go out and make those determinations, but they don't know to check on the child if no one reports it.   Call them today, if you can. 

J.M.O.
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Poor kid :/ imagine what she's like at home :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

My coworker had to go back in the kitchen to keep from opening her mouth. Like I said, its none of our buisness, but come on.. way too extreme, especially for a family restaurant. Shes lucky we didn't have any dine in customers at the time or the owners would of asked her to keep it down or leave. 

Quoting 1stpreggers: That shit makes me sick I hate seeing people degrade and threaten their children.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you sure she was serious? Lol I tell my kids all the time "I'm gonna beat your butts"! Lol I have never put a hand on either of them. You should see the looks I get!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PsMama717
by Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I probably would have confronted her about the way she was speaking to her son and for using profanity in a family environment. I hate people who think it's okay to treat their kids like that, so sad.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I would of lost my job if I had done so, otherwise she would of gotten an ear full. I am good with dealing with difficult customers, and as long as she is purchasing food from us I cannot deny her service. However if there were other families and children in the restaurant at the time, I could of asked her to leave until her little tirade was over... 

Quoting Toonkasmommy: That shit is terrible, how did you keep yourself from boxing her in the mouth?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)