Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

organizing help???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
The kids closets never seem to stay organized and its driving me insane! My older 2 have those closet maid things in there. Its got a shelf across the top, with a rod on it then 3 shelves down the side. The very top full shelf is useless for daily things as no one can reach without a stepladder. I feel like their closets never stay organized/neat and in my oldest I feel like there's a lot of wasted space that could be put to good use below the rod that his clothes are on. My middle ds will eventually have a toy box in his so it can be locked up at bed time til he's older. And my youngest has a walk-in so right now its holding his dresser/changing table, and partly as storage for outgrow clothes plus clothes too small for my older boys but too big for him and of course as a closet for him lol.
Suggestions on using the space and perhaps a good way to organize the shelves? :/
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Bump
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Take 3 boxes into the room.  One that says "Give Away", one that says "Throw away", and one that says "Put Away".  Start going through the stuff.  Broken toys?  Toss it.  Clothes that are too small, but in good shape?  Give it away.  Anything that doesn't fit, get used/worn regularly, or is particularly special needs to be gotten rid of.  Once you get rid of the clutter, then you can organize the stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2014 at 11:51 PM
We recently went through all the kids clothes and separated them, the baby has anything too small on him in one side of his closet, other side is everything too small for my older boys but too big for him and his size hanging up (he has a walk in). Then the older two have the very top shelf in each closet with stuff for them to grow into. Toys get passed down so anything broken gets tossed... So there's not really any clutter in any of their rooms anymore but I still feel like their closets just don't stay organized and my oldest the bottom part is a ton of wasted space that has potential for good use just not sure exactly how? And the shelves I currently have his school uniform pants on half other half is regular pants, next shelf is school uniform shorts and regular shorts then books on bottom :/

Quoting ncbirdie:

Take 3 boxes into the room.  One that says "Give Away", one that says "Throw away", and one that says "Put Away".  Start going through the stuff.  Broken toys?  Toss it.  Clothes that are too small, but in good shape?  Give it away.  Anything that doesn't fit, get used/worn regularly, or is particularly special needs to be gotten rid of.  Once you get rid of the clutter, then you can organize the stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)