Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2nd update *** update***I think my youngest son was switched at birth!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
From day 1 ge has looked nothing like me, or his father or brothers. I have very dark hair and this child is blond!!!

And he is just evil! His personality us nothing like the rest of us.

I plan on a dna test this summer

*** update*** all 5 of us had our Dna tests this morning. Results will be in within 6 weeks, more waiting.
We are also looking into the invetro clinic we used for 2yrs before getting pregnant. When I stopped invetro I was not pregnant, they did a blood test. But I was pregnant 6 weeks later when I took a home test

2nd update.
Well he is not our child. I feel relieved. He wasn't switched , apperarently the clinic messed up, royally. I wasn't tested late enough, just 2.5 weeks from an embryo being implanted.
That wasn't ours!! I can't r Era lay go onto more detail. But he will be staying with us, I really feel to peace now that we know the truth. And therapy for all is set up
Posted by Anonymous on May. 27, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Replies (871-880):
BethanyMel
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 9:39 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, the thought of willingly giving up any baby I've raised just makes my stomach turn. Children feed off of the energy that surrounds them. It doesn't surprise me the child has problems, it seems it was learned from the mother. That baby needs unconditional love. If you can't give it to him, then I'm not sure if you even deserve him. It breaks my heart for anyone to talk this way about their child. Get counseling and see a doctor. It will only get worse without mental help.
hobobaby
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I've been doing this 18 years. There's not a situation where they wouldn't follow protocol unless the baby was in dire straights. At that point they would keep the rescusitation team with the baby until stable then band and footprint and sign the slick sheet. You never mentioned your child needing to be rescusitated. If your baby was pink and crying they would have banded him and you regardless of what was going on in the surgical field.

Quoting Anonymous: There was no time or room for any of that. I've read the medical reports. They sliced me open, and pulled child and placenta from my body. To save our lives.
Baby was wisked to the nursery, where kept until I was awake again.

Quoting hobobaby: You can't possibly know what dominate or recessive genes you and you're husband have for hair color. THAT is ridiculous!! Not to mention it doesn't only come from the two of you! You both have parents that pass down genes as well. For instance, my blood type is A- and my DD's father is A+, well, my DD ended up O+!!! HOW?? BC my mother has O+ blood and I carry that gene from her! That's how the neonatologist that cared for her in the NICU explained it (not to mention I'm an RN as well so I understood) but my family was confused.

Anyway, I work with newborns in the delivery room... I take care of them from the moment they are born. I'm the nurse who bands the baby and the mom and dad. Unless someone wanted to maliciously mix up the babies it is virtually impossible to do. They are banded and checked by two RNs before baby leaves the delivery room. Both RNs have to sign the "slick sheet" or the sheet with the baby's foot prints on it and name, date and time of birth, weight, etc. I assure u, he is your baby!

Quoting Anonymous: I'm quite familure with biology.
I have both dark dominate genes. Dh has 1 dark and 1 recessive....

And yes I know its in how you parent. I've parented my other children and none of them have acted this way.

Quoting TerrorMom:

Biology lesson: Dark hair is a dominate trait, meaning you only need one set of genes to have dark hair. Light hair is a recessive trait. 2 parents each having one dark hair gene and one light hair gene can indeed have a child with light hair. 

Some children are a bit harder to handle. A strong personality does not equal evil. Its a matter how you parent. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM
There is no info on the baby in the records. Just that was rushed from my room to nursery, cord was cut in nursery. And then it resumes 8hrs later with bath, feeding, such.

Quoting hobobaby: I've been doing this 18 years. There's not a situation where they wouldn't follow protocol unless the baby was in dire straights. At that point they would keep the rescusitation team with the baby until stable then band and footprint and sign the slick sheet. You never mentioned your child needing to be rescusitated. If your baby was pink and crying they would have banded him and you regardless of what was going on in the surgical field.

Quoting Anonymous: There was no time or room for any of that. I've read the medical reports. They sliced me open, and pulled child and placenta from my body. To save our lives.

Quoting hobobaby: You can't possibly know what dominate or recessive genes you and you're husband have for hair color. THAT is ridiculous!! Not to mention it doesn't only come from the two of you! You both have parents that pass down genes as well. For instance, my blood type is A- and my DD's father is A+, well, my DD ended up O+!!! HOW?? BC my mother has O+ blood and I carry that gene from her! That's how the neonatologist that cared for her in the NICU explained it (not to mention I'm an RN as well so I understood) but my family was confused.

Anyway, I work with newborns in the delivery room... I take care of them from the moment they are born. I'm the nurse who bands the baby and the mom and dad. Unless someone wanted to maliciously mix up the babies it is virtually impossible to do. They are banded and checked by two RNs before baby leaves the delivery room. Both RNs have to sign the "slick sheet" or the sheet with the baby's foot prints on it and name, date and time of birth, weight, etc. I assure u, he is your baby!

And yes I know its in how you parent. I've parented my other children and none of them have acted this way.

Quoting TerrorMom:

Biology lesson: Dark hair is a dominate trait, meaning you only need one set of genes to have dark hair. Light hair is a recessive trait. 2 parents each having one dark hair gene and one light hair gene can indeed have a child with light hair. 

Some children are a bit harder to handle. A strong personality does not equal evil. Its a matter how you parent. 

hobobaby
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Could this possibly be more about having your hopes up about having a baby girl like you were told you were having and were expecting after two little boys and then woke up to a baby boy? That could be a huge disappointment. Not that you don't love him any less, but when you are expecting one thing and you get another its a shock. That's completely understandable!

I wanted girls so badly and my first was a little boy. I felt terrible for being disappointed. But loved him unconditionally. He's almost 25 now and God new I needed him! I went on to have two girls after that and let me tell you... They were terrible to raise as teenagers! I love them non the less, but OMG!! I sometimes asked myself what was I thinking! I had to kick one out at 17 bc she wouldn't listen to anything I said. She's 19 now and on the right track but we went through a lot of heartbreak.

I don't know if you're a God believing person or not but try to have faith that everything happens for a reason. If you need to do the DNA test to be sure, do it but don't ever let him know you did and do it young enough so he won't remember!

Good luck!
hobobaby
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM
That's definitely not right. Should be questioned!

Quoting Anonymous: There is no info on the baby in the records. Just that was rushed from my room to nursery, cord was cut in nursery. And then it resumes 8hrs later with bath, feeding, such.

Quoting hobobaby: I've been doing this 18 years. There's not a situation where they wouldn't follow protocol unless the baby was in dire straights. At that point they would keep the rescusitation team with the baby until stable then band and footprint and sign the slick sheet. You never mentioned your child needing to be rescusitated. If your baby was pink and crying they would have banded him and you regardless of what was going on in the surgical field.

Quoting TerrorMom:

hobobaby
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Wait, cord was cut in nursery? From the placenta? That doesn't happen. The baby is always delivered first, cord cut, handed over then placenta is delivered several minutes later and put in a bucket and sent to pathology.

Quoting hobobaby: That's definitely not right. Should be questioned!

Quoting Anonymous: There is no info on the baby in the records. Just that was rushed from my room to nursery, cord was cut in nursery. And then it resumes 8hrs later with bath, feeding, such.

Quoting TerrorMom:

Mrs.KAZ
by Member on May. 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Something is not right about your birth story. My oldest boy was born blue, not breathing. They resuscitated him and banded him in the delivery room before taking him to NICU. You are mistaken or the hospital is the worst.

And children have different personalities. My oldest two are very different. I assume my baby will be his own little person too, maybe similar to sister or brother, but maybe different again. You can't use his personality for your shortcomings and disappointment.
EternityLove
by on May. 30, 2014 at 2:33 AM
That's horrible do the test if you need to but saying he's not your son is awful like other people said no wonder he's so horrible he's getting it from you not showing any love. And hair color has nothing to do with it my daughter is blond and my husband and I are dark haired and on both sides are parents are dark hair but blond runs in the family her great and great great grandma have blond hair. You should also no that 2white people can have a black baby really you need to do some research
BibliophileMom
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Ha..I have Portuguese coloring. Dark straight hair, olive skin, dark eyes, I'm short. My DH is medium brown, hazel eyes, and about 5'11.
My oldest daughter has dark blonde hair has green eyes and is in the 95% for her age for height.
My younger daughter has bright blonde Shirley temple curls, blue eyes, and is above average height.
If I didn't watch them come out, I'd swear I had nothing to do with their creation lol

Well, my oldest does love reading though...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Not all hospitals have that sensor mine didnt and they didntbput a band on him till late morning... i had him at 5:19 pm

Quoting qje42409:

I find it hard to believe that the hospital could have switched your son. When my daughter was born, they IMMEDIATELY placed a hospital band on her ankle with the same number as my dh's and I's band. It also had a sensor that would set off any outer door that she got close to and the doors would lock. It's pretty dang hard to get babies switched up these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)