Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Beauty boxes!!!! *Update in blue*

Posted by on May. 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 142 Replies

Anyone receive them?  I get Ipsy, Birchbox and Boxycharm. This is my first month receiving them.  I have gotten the Ipsy and Birchbox already and Boxycharm should be arriving tomorrow. I'm excited. 

If you get them, what kind do you get and what awsome goodies did you receive this month?

My May hauls from Ipsy, Birchbox and Boxycharm. I will also list the links since they were asked for, and I will link a few others that some of you mentioned, along with prices. If anyone else subscribes to different boxes, let us know! And I will add my hauls every month, feel free to add yours!

Ipsy glam bag. It is $10 but it comes with a new make up bag every month. This month it was a nice sturdy canvas bag with a metal zipper, the design was ok but not my favorite.  In the bag was Pacifica duo eyeshadow, Hang Ten sunscreen, Eau Thermale Aveneaerosol water, Balanced Guru no frizz hair oil, and Boo Boo Cover Up cream. Unfortunately, Ipsy does not give us a price break down, although you can go to the website and see the product prices.

This is the Birchbox May box. It's also $10. I got Shea Butter Perlier Body Butter, Supergoop SPF30 oil free facial sunscreen, Beauty Protector Detangler Spray, Harvey Prince Hello perfume and Cynthia Rowley black eyeliner crayon. The value of this box at the sample size is $46, the full size products would cost $126.

Boxycharm Mothers Day box. ILLUME Lavish hand cream in Thai Lilly scent, Ferro Cosmetics Pink Fabuki brush, Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish Remover pads, Mirabella Pretty and Provocative lip color in the color Tantrum, and two 1.05oz samples of Embelleze Novex Olive oil and Argon oil hair food. Everything in this box is full sized except the hair oil samples. It costs $21 though, but the value of the products is around $80.

www.ipsy.com  $10 a month

www.bichbox.com $10 a month

www.boxycharm.com $21 a month

www.julep.com $20 a month

escapemonthly.com $49.95 a month or $39.95 a month with a coupon code

www.citruslane.com $29 a month 

www.glossybox.com $21 a month

https://beautyarmy.com $12 a month

starbox.starlooks.com  $15 a month

by on May. 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bottlesoup
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I don't. The boxes seem neat* but I already spend too much at Sephora. I'm curious to hear about the products, though!
LClark1973
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I tried, but got waitlisted. I never signed up.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 27, 2014 at 5:02 PM
I don't get beauty boxes but I get escape monthly. My daughter gets citrus lane.
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I can show you what I got, and explain what I like.

This is the Birchbox May box. It's $10. I got Shea Butter Perlier Body Butter, Supergoop SPF30 oil free facial sunscreen, Beauty Protector Detangler Spray, Harvey Prince Hello perfume and Cynthia Rowley black eyeliner crayon.

Everything in this box was great. I especially loved the body butter and the eye liner, but the perfume smelled amazing as well. The body butter is the PERFECT consistency, not greasy but hydrating, and it smells like cherry almond. The sunscreen is lemon grass scented, which I hate, so I gave it to my SS. I got another sun screen in my Ipsy bag that wasn't scented, so I will use that.  The detangler spray smells nice and leaves your hair really soft, the pump on the bottle is weird though. You have to pump it like 25 just to get it to work, but once you get it it works fine.  The perfume had a lovely smell, I  just got annoyed because it was the sample sized itty bitty tubes like Sephora gives out for free. I did like that it was a spray one though. I might get 5-10 uses out of it.  The eye liner crayon is the best thing in this bag though.  It's super black and it's SO buttery. It glides right on and dries in about 30 seconds, and after 30 seconds it's nearly impossible to smudge which I love.

This is the Ipsy glam bag. It is also $10 but it comes with a new make up bag every month. This month it was a nice sturdy canvas bag with a metal zipper, the design was ok but not my favorite.  In the bag was Pacifica duo eyeshadow, Hang Ten sunscreen, Eau Thermale Avene aerosol water, Balanced Guru no frizz hair oil, and Boo Boo Cover Up cream.

The eye shadow was kind of a miss, the purple isn't pigmented at all and doesn't show up, but the pearl is actually nice.  The sunscreen is sunscreen, it's all the same. The spray water had me confused, but it's used to set your make up, and it's decent. I don't have really powdery make up, so I don't really use it, but I guess it's nice to have.  The hair oil is amazing, it works wonders. The only issue I had with it is it smells like lemon grass, and I don't like that scent, but some people really like it. The boo boo cream is my favorite thing in this bag. It's the best cover up I've ever used, and it's designed to heal cuts, scrapes and pimples while it hides them.  It's a total score and I would totally purchase it.

Quoting bottlesoup: I don't. The boxes seem neat* but I already spend too much at Sephora. I'm curious to hear about the products, though!

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Yeah Ipsy waitlists people. It's dumb. Birchbox cost the same but there is no waitlisting. Boxycharm cost $21 but the products are high end and you almost always get full sized products. There is also Starbox, but everytime I try to subscribe to them they say there's a problem. IDK, it's weird. I get super excited when I get my stuff in the mail because you never know what your going to get. It's exciting.

Quoting LClark1973:

I tried, but got waitlisted. I never signed up.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Ooh. I am going to look into those. What's in them?

Quoting wkukid: I don't get beauty boxes but I get escape monthly. My daughter gets citrus lane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 27, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I didn't own any nail polish so I did the julep boxes, I've been getting it for months now and have quite the collection of colors.
Jblb
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I'm on the ipsy wait list :(
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 27, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Does Julep boxes just do nail polish? How much do they cost? Do you have any pics of your scores?

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't own any nail polish so I did the julep boxes, I've been getting it for months now and have quite the collection of colors.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM
I used to get ipsy glosseybox and beauty army. Out of all of them I like ipsy the best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)