Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it's pretty sad when women leave their husbands

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 507 Replies
7 moms liked this
After finding out he cheated ONCE. I'm not condoning cheating at all, but if you are married with children, I think it's sad that you don't feel like you owe it to your children to at least TRY to fight for it. Seek counseling, go to groups, etc.

I'm not saying that this is something your husband should know obviously, but if you immediately divorce him without even trying to figure out what went wrong, I think you are just as selfish as he is. If it doesn't work then it just doesn't work, but at least you guys can not only go your seperate ways knowing you TRIED, but you will also at least have a friendship.
When people up and divorce at the first indescretions without ever trying to push through, it typically leads to an angry, hateful, bitter co-parenting relationship.

Of course I am not talking about repeat offenders or abusers
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:40 PM
6 moms liked this
I see both sides of this debate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zombienator9
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:42 PM
8 moms liked this
He wasn't willing to do counseling. Or willing to give up messing with different girls. His ass was out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 31, 2014 at 6:42 PM
4 moms liked this
I tried that and still got f*cked over, current dh knows better, 1 strike he's gone
Coastiesgirl
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM
37 moms liked this
I wasn't about to let my son think that was a ok way to treat a woman. I didn't want my daughter ro think it was ok to be cheated on. My kids will be better people not being raised by someone that didn't take our wedding vows seriously.
bothsidesofcoin
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Because it is usually not once. It's usually an ongoing affair until someone gets caught. Once someone cheats, the trust will never be there again. But that's me...
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on May. 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM
15 moms liked this

Oh hell no. It wouldn't even matter to me what went wrong. My trust is very fragile. It's hard to earn, and once it's broken, there is no putting it back together. If I'm not enough for him, then he doesn't deserve me to begin with, it's really that simple. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a coastie brat! My dad and mom both are retired and my brother is active duty. I married USAF though, loo.

Quoting Coastiesgirl: I wasn't about to let my son think that was a ok way to treat a woman. I didn't want my daughter ro think it was ok to be cheated on. My kids will be better people not being raised by someone that didn't take our wedding vows seriously.
jamesmommy32404
by on May. 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this

no i am not selfish at all...how do you think i feel when he moved an 18 yr old in when i went to stay with my dad for a while...he lied to me about trying to work things out...its not just the woman ya know...the man made the choice to cheat...i do not tolerate cheating at all...

Heisenberg
by on May. 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM
When we first got together, I probably could have forgiven him. Now the betrayal would be so much worse. I would leave if he cheated and he would leave if I cheated.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Ditto.  Except it wasn't JUST girls.

Quoting Zombienator9: He wasn't willing to do counseling. Or willing to give up messing with different girls. His ass was out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)