Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you can't afford to pay.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 510 Replies
14 moms liked this
then your kid should not be allowed to pay sports! If you can afford to pay the registration fee to have your kid play baseball but can't afford the uniform, team shirts, team bags, helmet, bat, travel expenses, contribution to team snacks, and end of season coach(es) gifts, then DON'T PLAY!!! Simple as that. As team mom and a Coach's wife, it gets very old and irritating having to fork over extra money to cover your kids ass. We are an elite baseball team, and therefore things get pretty expensive, so if you can't afford them, then please put your kid on a different team.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
38 moms liked this
Then cut them from the team. If you are so elite than that shouldn't be an issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
44 moms liked this
Yawns. I wouldn't have my kid on such a snobby team anyway and I can afford all those things. But, my kid is on a special needs soccer team and I am so proud of him.
Alliemad_003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
3 moms liked this
That's why my daughter isn't playing academy softball and I hate it. But it's an expensive venture and she already does company dance as well.

It sucks, but if you don't have he money, you just can't do it. Such is life.
Missdameanor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM
32 moms liked this
You sound lovely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM
4 moms liked this
my little brother was ranked one of the top left handed pitchers in his age group for the state back when he played select or elite baseball as you call it. The coaches would offer to do whatever they could to help my parents go to tournaments( be in state or out)- they did not ask for anything to be covered- but if there was talk of him not being able to go to a certain tournament for some reason- they jumped right in to help.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM
20 moms liked this
I agree with you, but you need to work on your delivery.
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
What makes your team so "elite" over a regular team?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM
13 moms liked this

Wow. You're a real peach huh? 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM
185 moms liked this

In my days of ASA softball, we held *gasp* FUNDRAISERS for teammates that could not afford all costs and it taught us *gasp* compassion and teamwork and made us all closer as a team and that sometimes one must work hard for what they want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM
7 moms liked this
It IS a legitimate gripe. Because when parents don't pay, it usually falls in the coaches (dh and I) lap to chalk up the money. And we can't afford that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)