Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tampon question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
The mom who posted about pads made me brave enough to ask something I've been wanting to for a while. I have a fairly light period, but I gave up wearing tampons because they can be uncomfortable and I also leak around the tampon. I thought they were supposed to expand to absorb stuff but that has not been my experience. Is that normal? Is there a brand that does a better job? The last ones I used were tampax pearl, but it's been a few years. I don't remember what I tried before that, just that they all seemed to work about the same.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Before I had kids I never had an issue with tampons. Now it doesn't matter what I do, it either feels too low and like it's falling out, or it goes up so far that sometimes I have a hard time even finding the string. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Menstrual cups. Best thing I've ever discovered.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I use Tampax Pearl and I don't really have problems with leaking, but everyone is shaped differently, so another brand might work better for you. I always wear a pantyliner with tampons anyway just in case.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I hadn't even thought of that. I gave up on them before I ever got pregnant. That'll probably make it even worse. :-(

Quoting Punchyobuns: Before I had kids I never had an issue with tampons. Now it doesn't matter what I do, it either feels too low and like it's falling out, or it goes up so far that sometimes I have a hard time even finding the string. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Tampons with applicators expand long ways. The ones that expand width wise are the applicator free kind (like OB)

You just have to be comfortable sticking your finger up your vagina to put it in, but they work well.
-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I can't wear tampons, ever. They always leak.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I use playtex swear by them. Never had a problem
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I use OB tampons usually. I have discovered since having a child that it doesn't matter what brand i use, i have to use lube or it doesn't go in correctly.

Tay06
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Get a smaller size.  There is a size below regular now I think.

Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I use OB for that very reason.  Tampax always leaks, as does most of the other brands.  But not OB.  It seems to fit me better then anything else.  It's getting hard to find them though.  I'm going to have to start ordering them online.  :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)