Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you still be angry about this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
It's been 4 yrs since me & my daughters father split up. I don't understand why it still hurts. When we first met he was this amazing guy. I fell head over heels in love with, when I became pregnant he began to be controlling, jealous & abusive.. But I was blind & still in love. After our daughter was born I felt extremely self conscious due to my streatch marks. So we went a whole yr without having sex, holding hands or any intimacy or romance. The spark was gonna. In an argument he became extremely hurtful saying I was nvr going to amount to anything & I was a whore. I replied if you feel that way dnt be with me. He responded then he won't. & that was it. 6months went by & I found out he was with an old good friend tht I lived nxt to for 12 yrs. she was pregnant & engaged to be married to him. I was so hurt. I was with him for 5yrs & he didn't propose or do anything romantic. I gave him his 1st daughter and now we re not together but do not get along- I hate him- despise is a better word I guess. 5yrs & he's hooking up with my friend behind my back. It came out 6months later that - that's y things were working.. He wasn't trying to be intimate becuz he was getting else where.. I am seeing some one. He's great. I'm happy.. I don't want to be with my daughters fathers so y does it still get me mad that he cheated.. & continues to do nothing for our daughter.. Ugh why?! Do I still feel angry???
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Are you not over him or are you asking yourself why you weren't "enough" for him?
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM
I'm not being mean but have you tried counseling? It helps to talk about it. I'm not in the same position as you but it is similar, I was left while pregnant and cheated on too. I too get angry and sad and don't understand it. It's been over a year. It helps to talk about it and it is helping me get over it.
Don't think too hard about the why, it will drive you crazy.
DatBitch
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Because you fucked a loser. I know the feeling. It's understandable to be angry, but try to get over it, for your sake. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I have to be over him if I don't want to be with him.. I find him disgusting - not attractive at all. Maybe I wasn't good enough isn't. Idk I didnt try very much I fiqured 5yrs & a daughter that things weren't gonna change! We d always be together
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Therapy....try it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM
He is a fucking loser. He told me since I had a bf that he didn't have to help out with his daughter.. Wtf he's not her dad.. Ugh it gets me so mad he thinks the only way he has to contribute is if she lives with him. Not gonna happen
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Your ego. It's hurt. Sometimes two people hit it off, reproduce, but then realize someone else matches them better. Doesn't mean she's better than you, just means she fits better with him. It's nothing personal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Quoting Anonymous: Therapy....try it out.

I don't do therapy!
aflekool427
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Sometimes that kind of pain takes a long time to pass. You obviously loved him a lot, and while you may hate him now, the pain you went through isn't gone. You maybe hate him, but there is still a part of you that cares, whether you want to admit it or not, whether you know it or not. It may always make you angry that he cheated, some people can't let things go, and that's ok. But if you give it time I think it'll pass. Look at this way instead: Yeah he cheated on you with her, he was probably bored. And he will do the same thing to her. He probably is marrying her because she pushed it when you didn't. You can't make guys like that happy so it wasn't anything you did. And if he doesn't help with your daughter then he isn't worth it anyways. That, however, you are always justified to be angry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)