Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Game of Thrones, my unpopular opinion

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM
  • 26 Replies
I have decided, without ever seeing an episode, I hate it. Every goddamn week the same shit, "OMG GoT!" blah, blah, blah.... READ THE FLIPPING BOOKS YOU ILLITERATE FOOLS! I promise, they are worth it. Carry on.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:17 AM
😀
sm1bm3
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
No, don't start the books until he finished writing them or he dies, whichever comes first.
I hate starting a series until all the books are done. I'm impatient lol
aflekool427
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:19 AM

If you love the books though, then your still a fan in a way =D

HaYouFail
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:20 AM

I've read the books and I still love the show.

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I'VE DONE MY WAITING! Lol, Diana Gaboldons writes books equal plenty books, also ends them in cliff hangers,and makes you wait 6 years for the next one. Hese authors will be the death of me...

Quoting sm1bm3: No, don't start the books until he finished writing them or he dies, whichever comes first.
GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:23 AM

See I think the show is OK. I don't really like TV but DH really does and so its something I pick 1 show per season and sit with him during it.

I like to read, so I grabbed the first book and I am only 130 pages deep and have been reading it for 2 weeks, wth it sucks. The characters are even less interesting  than the ones in the show. They don't seem real, nothing I can "feel" from them.  At least in the show I can watch the good ones get naked. My gosh their seems to be so much fluff I feel like I could read the first and last sentence of each page and know exactly whats going on. I feel like I have to finish rhe book because I started it but I have already started and finished another book in between the suffering of those 100 pages.

I thought they were going to be amazing via word of mouth but I am so sorry I started, haha.

sm1bm3
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I started her first book (in the outlander series I think) I got thru the first 50 pages so far and it didnt hook me. Does it get better? I'm in desperate need of more books to read, should I power thru this one?

Quoting morrigan914: I'VE DONE MY WAITING! Lol, Diana Gaboldons writes books equal plenty books, also ends them in cliff hangers,and makes you wait 6 years for the next one. Hese authors will be the death of me...

Quoting sm1bm3: No, don't start the books until he finished writing them or he dies, whichever comes first.
morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I'm not (too) serious, lol, I just get annoyed every Sunday. I am an odd nut, through, a bibliophile through and through with many, many series near and dear to my heart that have TV shows or movies and I almost never watch. I have not even seen the last few HP films.

Quoting aflekool427:

If you love the books though, then your still a fan in a way =D

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Does it get better?! Only if you enjoy obsessing over characters, laughing out loud (repeatedly), sobbing on controllable and your heart bbreaking. So, if you enjoy look like a loon while reading read forth, her books are the one series I recommend to everyone. Which part did you get to?

Quoting sm1bm3: I started her first book (in the outlander series I think) I got thru the first 50 pages so far and it didnt hook me. Does it get better? I'm in desperate need of more books to read, should I power thru this one?

Quoting morrigan914: I'VE DONE MY WAITING! Lol, Diana Gaboldons writes books equal plenty books, also ends them in cliff hangers,and makes you wait 6 years for the next one. Hese authors will be the death of me...

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM
I read quickly, but these books did take me forever to read, but we'll reading them, they would consume me, when I wasn't reading I thought about them all damn day long.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

See I think the show is OK. I don't really like TV but DH really does and so its something I pick 1 show per season and sit with him during it.

I like to read, so I grabbed the first book and I am only 130 pages deep and have been reading it for 2 weeks, wth it sucks. The characters are even less interesting  than the ones in the show. They don't seem real, nothing I can "feel" from them.  At least in the show I can watch the good ones get naked. My gosh their seems to be so much fluff I feel like I could read the first and last sentence of each page and know exactly whats going on. I feel like I have to finish rhe book because I started it but I have already started and finished another book in between the suffering of those 100 pages.

I thought they were going to be amazing via word of mouth but I am so sorry I started, haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)