Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone been on or currently on Mirena?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Can you tell me your experiences? I'm thinking about going on it.
I have a 15 month old son and I haven't been on anything since he was born.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I was on it for 2 years and didn't have any side effect (or a period).  I got off when we decided we were going to have another baby.  My friend was on it and got pregnant with 5th child.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:52 AM

My daughter was on it for one month and could not stand it. She had horrible cramps and she kept feeling like something was poking through her insides. She has never had any children, though, and we both have heard that it's usually a worse experience for women who haven't given birth.

NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:52 AM
I have had for two years now. I love it. But the first , six weeks I had it, were bad. A LOT of bleeding and cramps. But after that , it has been great
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Wow! So weird how it affects different people. I'm so scared about ectopic pregnancy and pelvic immflamorty disease.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was on it for 2 years and didn't have any side effect (or a period).  I got off when we decided we were going to have another baby.  My friend was on it and got pregnant with 5th child.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:53 AM
I have one. I haven't had many issues with it. I will say that it took awhile for my body to adjust to it and I feel like it gave me horrible mood swings for the first couple of months. The only other problem is that since I have had it, my skin has started breaking out on a fairly regular basis. It's seriously like being a teenager again. I feel like those minor issues are worth it, though. My periods are way lighter and a lot less painful.
ChunkyBunny
by Princess FluffyButt on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM
I love it. No periods, no pain, nothing. Outside of the doctor reaching for my lungs to check on it I have no complaints. I'm on my second.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM
I've heard this about women who haven't given birth. Thank you!

Quoting csxt99:

My daughter was on it for one month and could not stand it. She had horrible cramps and she kept feeling like something was poking through her insides. She has never had any children, though, and we both have heard that it's usually a worse experience for women who haven't given birth.

MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I had it for 5 years. Just took it out the first of last month. It was great. My only complaint was when I was near my period time I would legit feel like I was pregnant. It freaked me out the first year, then I got over it. It would last a week like a period and that was it, after the first year or only came on once every 2-3 months.

Overall a million thumbs up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM
I already suffer from breakouts! I would die if I got more! :(

Quoting Rebecca7708: I have one. I haven't had many issues with it. I will say that it took awhile for my body to adjust to it and I feel like it gave me horrible mood swings for the first couple of months. The only other problem is that since I have had it, my skin has started breaking out on a fairly regular basis. It's seriously like being a teenager again. I feel like those minor issues are worth it, though. My periods are way lighter and a lot less painful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)