Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it! 11 inches! (pic)

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I got my hair chopped off!
I can't donate organs or blood or anything. Hair is the only thing I can give so, on my 26th Birthday, I decided to give my hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. I'm loving the short hair, I can fix it so much faster than before. But I miss my hair too. I play with it when I'm anxious, so it feels odd not having it there.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I have done that twice now but for locks of love and once for oil clean up.   The big gulf spill used donated hair to get the oil out and it is a natural filter.

lacyleanne
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM
That cut looks so cute on you. And you look younger too.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I also went from headband hippie, to headband 20's flapper. Haha I liked my hippie look better!
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:38 AM
It's certainly different. Cute different.
booaura
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Very cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3MusketeerMama
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:39 AM

I have done that twice in my life, the last time was a few months ago and I donated to Locks of Love. It feels liberating to chop off your hair! And I felt like my head was going to float away, lol. Your new 'do is cute!

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Thanks. I had short hair when I was 20,21. So I feel like I look the same as I did then. Lol

Quoting lacyleanne: That cut looks so cute on you. And you look younger too.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:39 AM
My neck feels super naked! Lol

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I have done that twice in my life, the last time was a few months ago and I donated to Locks of Love. It feels liberating to chop off your hair! And I felt like my head was going to float away, lol. Your new 'do is cute!

MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Wow!  You look great both ways!  I cut 12 inches off when my first son was a toddler 5 years ago...  My hair has not been longer than a little below my shoulders since.  *Sigh*

Here's my before:

And an after:

Not the best pics, but damn it was so long ago I had to raid my myspace that I haven't used in I don't know how long for pics!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:02 AM

My kids donate ever year. I donate ever other year if that. My kids have the Native American hair gene and grow hair like nobody business. Me not so much. The most my daughters have ever donated was 23 inches. Well one donated 23 inches the other only donated 19 inches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)