Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Just Feel Like Something Is Missing

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:41 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm married to a man.  It's a....difficult marriage I guess you could say.  We are both well aware of that.  He knows I am into women.  He has said it's okay if I am with a woman even while we are married.  I was kind of crushing on someone but she's made it pretty clear that she isn't willing to risk her marriage and I want to respect that.  So I've backed off because I don't want to ruin a great friendship over my feelings.  Her friendship means more to me than that.  Anyways, I just feel like something is missing.  I'm really lonely, to be honest.  I just want someone who I can open up to and be completely honest with no judgment.  I want someone who appreciates me and that I can appreciate too.  I just want an equal relationship.  Even if it only ever is a friendship.  Just that bond and closeness.  I crave it.  IDK that I've ever gotten that from anyone.  I feel so different from anyone, like no one understands me.  There's no point to this post really.  I guess I'm just kind of lonely and dissapointed that both my marriage and my friendship didn't work out like I wanted.  Which is okay, I can respect that.  Like I said, I'm just really lonely and wish there was someone I could talk to - friend or romantic partner, whatever - that I could really connect with.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:48 AM

you are polyamorous, that isnt so unusual.  They have a whole television show about it.  Maybe you are more into women though and should get out of your heterosexual relationship and get into one that you are truly into.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Why would you marry someone you don't have that with?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Pray. Thats the best answer I have.
outcastprincess
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM

I really do love my husband.  I'm honestly not sure that divorce is the answer.

Quoting MixedCooke:

you are polyamorous, that isnt so unusual.  They have a whole television show about it.  Maybe you are more into women though and should get out of your heterosexual relationship and get into one that you are truly into.

outcastprincess
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:21 AM

I really don't have an answer for that.

Quoting Anonymous: Why would you marry someone you don't have that with?

outcastprincess
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)