Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?!!???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I took a dog out of an abusive home.. It was either take her in or she would be put to sleep..

Since then, I've been trying to get her utd on shots, spayed, chipped. the whole bit.

I get her shots and just before she is to be fixed and she ends up sick on me. The vet pushes back the spay so she can get up to par with feeling well.

Well, I figured, okay, only dog, our yard is dig proof and escape proof I've got a little bit of time she can rest easy and then we will get her spayed.

Hell no, she just came into heat, gross, last time I dealt with this, was my step moms dog that she put diapers on..

And, the cherry on this, df brought home a dog without warning and just throws him in the back yard with her.

After he knew I wasn't able to get her fixed because she got sick..

I come home from work and went to check on her in the back yard and they are fucking knotted.

Df wasn't home when I got here and his excuse was "she needs a friend" and "I didn't know he wasn't fixed.." Okay you didn't know if he was fixed, but you knew she wasn't?! Wtf..

Uhh no, she doesn't need a damn friend first, she needs to get spayed and chipped and then we can talk about this "friend" situation the way I brought up when I was thinking about taking her.

Dammit to hell. I swear to everything green on this earth, where has this man's common sense gone?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Oh I would be so ticked off.  That is so wrong.  I am guessing she hasnt been with your family very long to start with and then to introduce another dog to her.    He would be sleeping outside with him for the massive amount of mistakes he made in my opinion.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Call the vet and see if they will bump up the spay to avoid the problem of pups.  I've hear of this being done. 

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM
I would have told him to get the second dog out of the yard and return him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:43 AM
I am so livid and dumbfounded at this. I'm seriously at a loss for words. She's been with us 2 weeks now.

I'm sitting here thinking, what if they attacked each other? What if when I went out there and I didn't know the other dog was there if I would of spooked him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I would be so ticked off.  That is so wrong.  I am guessing she hasnt been with your family very long to start with and then to introduce another dog to her.    He would be sleeping outside with him for the massive amount of mistakes he made in my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:44 AM
I'm hoping I can, I'm going to call tomorrow, but it hasn't even been the allotted time that he have so she could get better.

And now I'm sitting here thinking, what if the other dog ends up sick..

Quoting petie1104:

Call the vet and see if they will bump up the spay to avoid the problem of pups.  I've hear of this being done. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:48 AM
I've got them separated right now.. And I told him he better be expecting to give up his extras this month because if this dog is staying, he needs to be fixed and utd on shots and everything else as well.

I'm just, gahh, trying to rethink everything I just bought for the first dog into what we need for 2 dogs.. The second doesn't even have a collar or tag.. 😁

I want to tell him to get rid of the second dog, I don't even know where he came from,

Quoting mattiehatter: I would have told him to get the second dog out of the yard and return him.
FoxFire363
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:52 AM
How could he possibly be unable to tell a male dog was unneutered?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:56 AM
I don't know.

It's an excuse, but I'm sitting here steaming to the point I want to show him what being neutered is.

Quoting FoxFire363: How could he possibly be unable to tell a male dog was unneutered?
anon1986East
by Kali on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:57 AM

This. It's not hard to tell. Males lose their balls, and females usually have a distinct scar on their bellies. Unless there's some brand new form of neutering that I'm not aware of but that seems unlikely.

Quoting FoxFire363: How could he possibly be unable to tell a male dog was unneutered?

redneck.crazy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Doggy vesectomy ;-) j/k

Quoting anon1986East:

This. It's not hard to tell. Males lose their balls, and females usually have a distinct scar on their bellies. Unless there's some brand new form of neutering that I'm not aware of but that seems unlikely.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)