Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cat is gone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I'm pretty bummed right now. We have been dealing with pee/spray issues for over a year and tried so many things to get it fixed. Nothing worked. He was a super sweet kitty and I loved him very much.

We tried to re-home him to a place where he might be able to be mostly outside or a barn cat. But sobody would take him. I didn't want to abandon him at the pound. I didn't want him to be left alone before his end came. So we had him put down.

I can't believe he's gone. I'm going to miss him so much. I can't abandon a pet though. I would be afraid he would get torn apart and eaten. This way it was fast and without pain. My heart just hurts. I miss my sweet kitty.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outcastprincess
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry but that is so fucked up.  You put him down because he was spraying?  What crappy vet agreed to that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
The different vets I called in the phone book. Actually, nobody even asked why I was going to have him put down. They just let me know what the fees were.

My home had become a kitty toilet. I couldn't have any doors open or he would go all over everything in the room. He's done so much damage. I can't keep living in a toilet. It's not sanitary with my toddler.

Nobody wanted him. His chances of being re-homed from the pound were slim to none with the issues he had. I didn't want him to be alone before he met his end at a pound. I would not release a pet into the wild to be devoured by a coyote. He had no place to go. The options were limited. He's gone now.

I will miss him very much. I can't live in a toilet. But had the best personality of any kitty I have ever known. Today just kind of sucked.

Quoting outcastprincess:

I'm sorry but that is so fucked up.  You put him down because he was spraying?  What crappy vet agreed to that?

redneck.crazy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Was he neutered?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Was he fixed?
xxBiteMExx
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:08 AM
Wtf. I've had 3 boy cats and none of them ever sprayed. I have a one year and half old cat now and he's never sprayed either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3MusketeerMama
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Wow. How old was he? Was he neutered? Did you try different litter? Did you try Feliway? Not trying to compound your misery but that kind of sucks that he was put down for spraying...

redneck.crazy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:09 AM
I have 2 boys, both neutered. 1 kept peeing and pooping every where. Pissed me off. I was ready to get rid of him until I got another kitty box and realized he didn't like sharing boxes. Lol

Quoting xxBiteMExx: Wtf. I've had 3 boy cats and none of them ever sprayed. I have a one year and half old cat now and he's never sprayed either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Peeing and spraying are typically signs of an illness if a cat is altered. Kidney stones are a usual culprit . Also what you clean it up with can make a difference too. If it isn't an enzyme cleaner, the underlying scent markers will remain. Its a shame you had him put down over a problem when he most likely was trying to get you to notice something was wrong with him. SMH.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Please don't get any more pets. 

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Wow. That is terrible. Did you even try to find the cause of it? Poor cat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)