Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be still..* A Christian post*

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

God Loves you and So do I!

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:44 AM

bump

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Bump
curvygurl1912
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Love this post.
qje42409
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM

BUMP!

witchqueen
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Good morning.  I am forgoing the bible verses today (there are, after all, so many to go through and they are usually ignored or explained away) and opting for a small essay on the "love" of god/Jesus.  Enjoy!

What Jesus brought to the world was this: the idea of condemning someone for their honest opinion to eternal torture. The infinite revenge of Jesus, for failing to believe his unbelievable tales, is the most intense form of pain and anguish imaginable, and not just for a long time, but forever. Apparently, his inexhaustible forgiveness runs out when it comes to hell. From hell there is no pardoning-- the gates of hell are one-way only. His "unconditional love" comes with this condition: believe these unreasonable accounts or suffer so much you'll wish you had never been born. And considering that the vast majority of the people who ever lived either never heard of Jesus or didn't believe in him, and are thereby subject to this doctrine of eternal pain, the notion of infinite revenge should be enough to sicken any moral, just person.

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "I will strew your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land even to the mountains with your flowing blood..."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces..."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Pass through the city after him, and smite; your eye shall not spare and you shall show no pity; slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women..."

Was it God, or the devil, who said:  "...I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the light of this sun."

Was it god, or the devil, who said: "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Samar'ia shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open."

Was it God, or the devil, who killed every man, woman, child and animal on earth because he lost his temper with them?  Was it God, or the devil, who killed 50,000 of his children for merely looking into the ark of the covenant?  Was it God, or the devil, who killed every firstborn child in Egypt for the deed of the Pharoah?

Obviously, it is Jehovah who did all of these atrocities. But I ask you, under similar circumstances, what would the devil have done?  Allow yourself to think about that.  Could a devil have done worse?

redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Nice :)

lilmisscee1974
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Amen..

angelsunawarre
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I always find these posts uplifting, have a blessed day!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

http://www.gotquestions.org/welcome.html

Quoting witchqueen:

Good morning.  I am forgoing the bible verses today (there are, after all, so many to go through and they are usually ignored or explained away) and opting for a small essay on the "love" of god/Jesus.  Enjoy!

What Jesus brought to the world was this: the idea of condemning someone for their honest opinion to eternal torture. The infinite revenge of Jesus, for failing to believe his unbelievable tales, is the most intense form of pain and anguish imaginable, and not just for a long time, but forever. Apparently, his inexhaustible forgiveness runs out when it comes to hell. From hell there is no pardoning-- the gates of hell are one-way only. His "unconditional love" comes with this condition: believe these unreasonable accounts or suffer so much you'll wish you had never been born. And considering that the vast majority of the people who ever lived either never heard of Jesus or didn't believe in him, and are thereby subject to this doctrine of eternal pain, the notion of infinite revenge should be enough to sicken any moral, just person.

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "I will strew your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land even to the mountains with your flowing blood..."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces..."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Pass through the city after him, and smite; your eye shall not spare and you shall show no pity; slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women..."

Was it God, or the devil, who said:  "...I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the light of this sun."

Was it god, or the devil, who said: "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Was it God, or the devil, who said: "Samar'ia shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open."

Was it God, or the devil, who killed every man, woman, child and animal on earth because he lost his temper with them?  Was it God, or the devil, who killed 50,000 of his children for merely looking into the ark of the covenant?  Was it God, or the devil, who killed every firstborn child in Egypt for the deed of the Pharoah?

Obviously, it is Jehovah who did all of these atrocities. But I ask you, under similar circumstances, what would the devil have done?  Allow yourself to think about that.  Could a devil have done worse?

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)