Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Multiple miscarriages...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
When do you finally realize that your body just isn't proficient at creating viable lives and give up on trying? The devastation from a miscarriage is nothing to scoff at, and yet I hear women talk about having 4, 5, 6+ of them...and they are still trying! I think there comes a point where responsibility needs to set in and the selfishness has to stop.
SIL has now had SEVEN MISCARRIAGES; she just announced she is pregnant again. I have almost zero hope for the baby. I seriously wish she would consider letting me be her surrogate and stop being so flippant about all the lives she has created, just to lose them :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM
10 moms liked this

I fail to see how her actions are selfish. 

But your lack of compassion is glaring. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM
I don't know. I had one, wasn't trying again and became pregnant.

My sister had three. Two early on and One at almost 20 weeks. She got pregnant 4 months later and now has a healthy 2 year old.

ETA: It's very common that every woman will have a miscarriage even if they don't know it. Some people just want to experience the joys of pregnancy.
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Hopefully after those women have two their docs investigate why it is happening. My sister has thick blood and it caused her miscarriages, when she was pregnant again the doc ran tests and figured out what was wrong and she had a healthy pregnancy.

However, their life. Who is to say when they should be ready to give up on a birth child? (Besides maybe a doc)
abrittani
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:28 AM

That's sad. And after so many it's like, they know what is going to happen. It's like abortion and almost just as sick.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
How sad.

I hope this baby sticks for her..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:30 AM
It is selfish because she knows her body cannot support a baby to term, and yet she won't stop creating and killing them. Adoption, surrogacy...she has other options, ones that don't involve multiple lost lives...she chooses to continue a destructive cycle.

Quoting TisHerself:

I fail to see how her actions are selfish. 

But your lack of compassion is glaring. 

krbaybay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:31 AM
8 moms liked this
It is not like an abortion. I've had two very very early misscarriages and the Dr won't even run tests till you've had 3. They said that most women will have one early on but the pregnancy tests are so sensitive it tells you before your period is even due.

Also I am pro life. In no way have I chosen to lose my baby. Your statement is so repulsive and ignorant.

Quoting abrittani:

That's sad. And after so many it's like, they know what is going to happen. It's like abortion and almost just as sick.

RheaF
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a miscarriage in Jan of 2013. We tried for three years prior to that, and a year after (I am currently pregnant, 16 weeks and due in November).

Through all of that I met some amazing women, who have been there. Some have only suffered one, some multiple. IMHO, it doesn't matter how many they have had. If they have the hope an desire to keep trying, then they should.

Your SIL, is not purposely losing her children! She keeps trying because she has hope. I understand as the family watching this, it must be hard, but you need to understand this is not your life.  It doesn't matter what you want, or what you think you could handle. Why not try to have a little compassion?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Some fetuses are simply not genetically viable. Many women have had a miscarriage, from my understanding.
My concern, however, is when a woman ONLY has miscarriages...a bunch of them...and keeps trying to conceive :(

Quoting Anonymous: I don't know. I had one, wasn't trying again and became pregnant.

My sister had three. Two early on and One at almost 20 weeks. She got pregnant 4 months later and now has a healthy 2 year old.

ETA: It's very common that every woman will have a miscarriage even if they don't know it. Some people just want to experience the joys of pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)