Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Tell This To Your UGLY Friend?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I need honesty, please. I have been very good friends with this girl "Sandy" for about 10 years. Since we were teens. Since I have known her she has always been a little slutty in her desperate attempts at landing a boyfriend. I know her many failed attempts have been depressing for her.

I know exactly why she cannot land a man. Sometimes I want to tell her but I know it might be devastating for her to hear. She actually is NOT ugly but she doesn't carry herself well. She is over fat (not a problem) but her body shape is very unfortunate and she wears terrible clothes all the time- usually sweatpants. Her belly is always hanging and her breath always smells. Also, she has facial hair which she fully acknowledges, but she goes too long between shaves. And I often question her hygiene. She really seems like she usually just rolls out of bed and goes about her day.

Despite all this she face is not ugly, she has nice hair is she would just wash it and style it. If she would brush her teeth, dress decent, and never let her beard get stubbly. She could land a man. I just don't have the balls to tell her all of this. How can she not see it??

So normally, I wouldn't even be considering telling her any of this. But it seems she is falling into a depression because all of her friends seem to be settling down, having kids and I know it is getting to her. She tells me all the time how lonely she is and it's making me sad for her. So as a result, I feel like she is very slutty to try and win someone, anyone, over. This is not the way to land a man and she is so desperate she is overlooking the risk of STDs. I am sick of her being the slam pig and just wish she would smarten up. She also goes for the wrong guy that is way way out of her level. So yes, she ends up blowing a bunch of hot guys that only call her in the middle of the night. Wouldn't it be better to have a faithful and reliable 4 than an asshole 9?????

WWYD????!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandyns87
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Give her a makeover.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Oh...uh... I got nothing

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I'd do a makeover day for the both of you. Waxing, mani, pedi and some new outfits. Tell her you need a change and want her to join in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM

If she asks you why guys aren't interested I would find a NICE way to tell her. Just say that she seems depressed lately, like she's letting herself go a bit. Then hint that a makeover could be just the thing to boost her spirits and help with the problem. It's something you guys could do together.

Brandyns87
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I wouldn't be friends with someone who had bad hygiene though. She may be nice but I just couldn't do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I have in the past. But what she REALLY needs is a good lesson is a good lesson in hygiene. And she doesn't stick to it. But I have never told her she really NEEDS it....

Quoting Brandyns87: Give her a makeover.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:40 AM
That wouldn't work, she doesn't realize she needs it and needs to stick to it. So she would just think it's fun

Quoting twinmommy27: I'd do a makeover day for the both of you. Waxing, mani, pedi and some new outfits. Tell her you need a change and want her to join in.
the.warden
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM
What the pp said. Make it a fun day out. Go get your hair done, mani/pedi, new outfit, and a good wax.

Tell her you want her to come too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM
That won't work!! She does get her nails done already. She won't stick to it if she thinks it's all in fun.

Quoting the.warden: What the pp said. Make it a fun day out. Go get your hair done, mani/pedi, new outfit, and a good wax.

Tell her you want her to come too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Anonymous letter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)