Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you pay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Ok. I tried to post and something happened.

Backstory. My dd was having a lot of headaches, stomachaches, random vomiting, was gaining weight or growing. She was also having skin issues and some other issues.

We found out she was allergic to gluten and lactose intolerant.

At that point we met with the school and decided it was best to lock her lunch account so she can't use it and just pack a lunch each day. Her teacher, lunchroom monitor, cafeteria lead, counselor, and principal were all aware.

I went up today to withdraw her since she won't be returning next year and found out she had a $110 lunch bill.

Now here are my issues.

1. Her account is supposed to be locked. Which means nothing can be charged and if she forgets her lunch they are supposed to call before charging.

2. Her teacher has a bunch of stuff I provided that she can eat in case of a forgotten lunch or class party.

3. I know she had her lunch each day.

4. She was sneaking stuff and is in trouble for that. But how does a lunch bill get to $110 without me knowing

This is a small school. It is 250 k-5.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Unfortunately, I doubt you have much choice but to pay. I would then ask them to close the account & want it in writing that the account is closed & can't be used.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM
I have an email from the principal saying.

Following our conversation this morning dds lunch account has been locked. She will not be allowed to charge anything. Please ensure that she brings her lunch or money with a note of what she can have.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Unfortunately, I doubt you have much choice but to pay. I would then ask them to close the account & want it in writing that the account is closed & can't be used.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Yeah I understand the frustration. IMO the school dropped the ball but they will never say that. They will make you pay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Well, that is sad. If she was sneaking and getting lunch I would say to pay, but what I would do is call the food service department and ask them what to do since you said to lock her account.

I serve 250 =kids daily at my school. Although, if I knew she shouldn't be eating I wouldn't of fed her I am on top of all my kids.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM
From now or from back when it was supposed to have been locked to start with? If it's from then, I would print it out & go to the school & ask them to correct the balance on the account. Are you even sure it was your kid getting stuff? They could have charged the wrong account by mistake.

Quoting Anonymous: I have an email from the principal saying.

Following our conversation this morning dds lunch account has been locked. She will not be allowed to charge anything. Please ensure that she brings her lunch or money with a note of what she can have.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Unfortunately, I doubt you have much choice but to pay. I would then ask them to close the account & want it in writing that the account is closed & can't be used.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM
The way out system is set up is if the kid punches in the number it will say locked. Then they call the parent and we give a code to unlock. Then a kid who has restrictions is in red instead of green.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, that is sad. If she was sneaking and getting lunch I would say to pay, but what I would do is call the food service department and ask them what to do since you said to lock her account.

I serve 250 =kids daily at my school. Although, if I knew she shouldn't be eating I wouldn't of fed her I am on top of all my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM
From back when we locked the account.

It was her. She admitted it when I questioned her. All her friends bought lunch so she did.

It explains a lot of the headaches she has been having again. And the random rash

Quoting bluebunnybabe: From now or from back when it was supposed to have been locked to start with? If it's from then, I would print it out & go to the school & ask them to correct the balance on the account. Are you even sure it was your kid getting stuff? They could have charged the wrong account by mistake.

Quoting Anonymous: I have an email from the principal saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous: The way out system is set up is if the kid punches in the number it will say locked. Then they call the parent and we give a code to unlock. Then a kid who has restrictions is in red instead of green.
Quoting Anonymous:

So far we have no locks I just know the main staff tell me don't you have a head director for food service. Our department is totally seperate from the school itself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)