Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I AM judging you for canceling plans last minute for no real reason. I also drop F bombs about you if you don't give me any notice.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

I organize a lot of play dates / pot lucks. 

Why do people today seem to think plans that they confirm several times are totally still optional?  

"Oh yes, we'll be attending" they say at several weeks before, a week before, and 24 hours before.. and not just attending but bringing a main meal component as part of a pot luck.   

Then, 4 hours before.  Text "Oh, we can't make it!  Sorry.  We got a lamb we have to make at home."   In the interest of not starting a huge fight about why you went and picked up the lamb today instead of tomorrow.. or RIGHT NOW instead of later today.. and me not wanting to know what on earth you're going to do with the hundred or so sandwiches I assume you made for this pot luck (actually I assume you DID NOT MAKE THEM AT ALL and are totally just being a flake)... I text "Okay.  Next time give me 24 hours notice, please."

Are you serious?   At LEAST this one actually said she could not make it.  I've had people just not show up and when asked why, they come up with some excuse why and only some apologize for not giving ANY notice or warning. Some actually try to blame me.  "Maybe you should get confirmations the morning of" .. Oh yes, because I have time to police all of these play things and 24 hours is just too long in the future for plans that have been made for weeks..  And I am your freaking mommy and need to nag you to make sure you keep plans that YOU made.  My bad thinking people might actually be dependendable adults.

NO notice or warning is actually REALLY common.  I have started prefacing play dates and pot lucks with "Well, maybe no one will come"  and actually had it happen one time.  Apparently people think that the gas fairy pays for my gas.  I was so angry that no one gave me notice that I turned up the music and dropped a lot of very quiet F-bombs.

What is wrong with people? 

So yes, I am judging you when you do this type of thing.   You flakes know who you are.. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you organize these pot lucks and play dates regularly? And if so, why? Once someone flakes, I wouldn't allow them to come back again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Why  are you organizing so many parties?

Maybe people are just sick of going to your constant unnecessary parties. 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate when people cancel last minute. I don't often host events, but my husband and I once hosted a beer tasting... like 20 people RSVPed, only like six showed up. We still had a great time, but I would have appreciated knowing if people weren't going to show... I wouldn't have bought so much alcohol and snacks! Canceling last minute - except in the instance when something more important does actually pop up - is very rude.

Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

why is it necessary to bring a bunch of shit to a playdate?    I wouldn't go either....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

If they are sick of it why do they RSVP and rave about what a good idea pot lucks / play dates are ??  

I usually have 5-6 families/moms and kids show up.. So someone usually comes.  I only had it happen once where no one showed and since then I confirm 24 hours before and that cuts out people who just can't keep track of what day it is. 

I repeat: people who can't keep track of what DAY IT IS.  

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Why  are you organizing so many parties?

Maybe people are just sick of going to your constant unnecessary parties. 

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

You sound really needy and a lot to deal with.

Maybe that's why so many people flake on you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM

THEN DON'T RSVP.

Quoting Chibee:

why is it necessary to bring a bunch of shit to a playdate?    I wouldn't go either....

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

this is why i dont have parties.they are way too much drama..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I just quit my mom's group over this.  (I haven't formally quit but I am no longer going to participate)

I hosted a mom's night in.  4 mom's cancelled within 2 hours of the event.  The excuses were so lame.  One said she couldn't leave her baby with her husband.  The other said she couldn't come because she just had a baby a few weeks ago.  Right...you knew that so why did you sign up for the event in the first place.  The third one cancelled because she decided that chasing her baby around would not be fun.  I had so much food bought and prepared.  We ended up eating it for a few weeks but screw that..I'm not hosting anymore.  Oh...and one's excuse was traffic.  So be late... it was pretty informal... 

I say that is three red flags on these women.  Not  only am I done hosting, I'm done with THEM.  If we do cross paths I'm going to pretend like I forgot their names.  

Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I always RSVP..... I say yes or I say no.    NOT rsvp'ing is very rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

THEN DON'T RSVP.

Quoting Chibee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)