Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh!!!!! Why am I the only one?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Who can manage to do the cleaning in this house!  grrrrrr   I'll be lucky to get this all done before I leave to go pick up DD at 2pm. 

Living room:

Pick up

sweep

mop

wipe down tables

vacum couches and recliner

Kitchen:

sweep

mop

dishes

wipe down counters

change out the table cloth

Hallway:

sweep 

mop

Bathroom #1:

clean the toilet

scrub the tub

wipe down counter

sweep 

mop

take out trash

Bathroom #2

clean the toilet

scrub the tub

scrub the shower

wipe down counters

sweep

mop

take out trash

Master bedroom:

pick up 

sweep 

mop

wipe down night stands

Laundry:

wash 1  2  3  4  5  6

dry  1  2  3  4  5  6

Fold/hangup 1  2  3  4  5  6

Put away 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Also need to:

put chemicals in the pool

feed the pets (fish, hamsters, geckos)

vacum the car

cook dinner/lunch

What does your to do list look like today?  I am also doing all of this with a broken wrist/hand so this could get interesting!

Edit:  All the sweeping and mopping my daughter will be doing when she gets home!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

put away laundry

clean the bathroom

lessons for the day

work on my garden if it doesn't rain. I see the sun peeking out though so I think I might be in the clear for  a wee bit of time.

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday so not a ton to do today. I like doing it on Sunday before the race so I can relax a bit on Monday hehe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I mostly just do laundry. I have 5 kids who do chores. It's the first of the month so I have to pay bills and do the monthly budget today (oh yay) and then go to the grocery store. Then I'll probably go to the lake and run a few miles before I leave for school at 3:30. That is my day today.
Greysonmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I set different goals on different days. ..Monday is kitchen...Tues is bathrooms. ..ect
asleva
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM
My family refused to help me - df would destroy the kitchen I had just spent hours cleaning, the kids would leave toys in the living room, and crumbs alllllll over my freshly cleaned floors. I went on a cleaning boycott, and they started complaining about the house being messy. Long story short, we now have someone to come in and clean our house once a week, and df pays for it :)
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Work

Take a nap

Take the dog for a walk

Pick up DS

Play/watch tv

Make dinner

Dishes

Play/tv/little cleaning if I feel like it

Put DS to bed.

Exercise

Relax

Bed

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm drinking coffee. That's as far as I've gotten. Laundry is a priority though. I do know that. Lol
lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I know for me it's easier to divide the chores up throughout the week. One day I'll mop, one day I'll dust, etc etc. That way it's not so overwhelming.

I do vacuum every day though
PinkParadox
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I don't make lists, life's too short.  Children are not going to remember how clean my house is, they're going to rememeber quality time.  I clean, but no way I'm going to make myself stressed and crazy about it.  

Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Why don't  you spread it out? Do 1 or 2 rooms a day and keep the same schedule each week.

AustinsMommy007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I do this as well. Today is kitchen and grocery day. I have to do laundry as well and vacuum which is an every day thing

Quoting Greysonmommy: I set different goals on different days. ..Monday is kitchen...Tues is bathrooms. ..ect
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)