Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you be alone FOREVER and be happy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Lets say something happened in your life where you were single...do you think that you could be alone forever and be happy or content with your life? Or do you think you would need a significant other?

My best friend and I were talking about this and if we think we could ever do that. As of right now, that is my life. Its just me and my dd. I have some horrible health issues that prevent me from being able to work right now, but im hoping that will change after my surgery in a few weeks. Anyways, im the ONLY single one out of all of my friends and im pushing 30. I honestly feel like I am going to end up being the crazy lady with 10 dogs. Lol I feel that I am not in a position to be getting into a relationship with anyone right now because of my health issues. ..no man is going to want to deal with that, and I guess that I fear that if this surgery isnt successful, that I wont ever meet someone because like I said...no man wants to deal with that. Which I know technically ill be fine because I dont need a man to make me happy...but DAMN I get so bored and so lonely at night. I honestly dont know if I would be ok with being alone forever. I know I have dd, but she will eventually be a teenager and busy with hanging out with friends and working, and then she'll go to college and move on with her life.

Everyone always says to me "dont worry, you'll meet someone. Everyone has someone out there." But the truth it, not EVERYONE meets someone and not everyone gets married. I think my biggest fear is ending up alone forever.

So do you think you could do it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
If I had to I could but I'd probably be bitter. I have 5 kids. I didn't think any man would accept that. But just as I was about to give up, I went out on a date with this guy and he turned out to be amazing! Loves me, loves my kids! I truly am the luckiest lady in the world!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Maybe I could? Not now, though. I have two kids and a husband. I could never just leave them.

In your situation, I would keep trying. There is someone for everyone, health issues or not. Just be open and honest with them about it.
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM
After being married I could never go back to being happy and single long term. I would need to fill that void somehow.
Josie_P
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband passed away and I honestly do not want to be with anyone else. People tell me the same thing all the time but I just want to focus on my children and my business. They give me more than enough happiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Sure. I was very happy being single. Dh was the only man who made me not want to be single and I met him when I was 28. If something were to happen to him, I'd miss HIM but I wouldn't miss having just any partner. He's it for me.
smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I don't know. I suppose it would depend on the circumstances, but probably not. I rely a lot on intimate relationships.
BAMFSFW
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM

No 

fraujones
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I think so. Maybe loneliness would set in, but I am an introvert and I love being alone. 

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Yes. I hate people
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM
And be happy? No. And would never want to live such a miserable life
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)