Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

boy bites into pink Mcnugget

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
  • 28 Replies

A five-year-old boy from New South Wales bit off more than he cared to chew on Wednesday when his local McDonalds sold him a six-pack of McNuggets that were still pink on the inside.



http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/02/16/10/boy-5-bit-into-pink-chicken-mcnugget


To Riley Luke the golden nuggets looked like they should have on the outside, but one bite revealed they were "soft" and raw, the Illawarra Mercury reports.

He asked his brothers for a second opinion and after they ate half a nugget they showed their mother Tracy Luke who immediately told them: "Don't eat that!"

"These chicken nuggets, I swear they've gone in the oil and they've come straight back out again," Ms Luke told the newspaper.

Uncooked chicken naturally carries bacteria including salmonella and listeria which can cause food poisoning when eaten raw or undercooked.

Following a complaint to the Woonona McDonalds where the nuggets were bought the store manager allegedly told the mother: "Oh sorry… we've had another one complain about that."

Ms Luke also posted a photo of the pinkish McNuggets on local Facebook page called "Name, Shame and Praise Illawarra".

Ms Luke was later contacted by a McDonald's area manager who allegedly blamed the error on "a young kid" and asked her to remove the photo.

The mother refused and told the Illawarra Mercury she was "livid" because her epileptic son "could have died" from eating the McNuggets.

Ms Luke complained to McDonalds' head office and spokeswoman for the fast-food restaurant told the newspaper they were "disappointed" about the matter and it was being investigated.

None of the children became sick after eating the nuggets.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I've gotten undercooked chicken at more upscale restaurants and fast food places. It sucks but it happens.

I've learned to check my food before biting into it.

Just the other day we got McDonalds, all our bread was moldy.

JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM

BUMP!

CPatt0708
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM

 McDonald's chicken nuggets are beyond disgusting anyway, but that is extra unfortunate.

CafeMom Tickers
southern.momof2
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Its silly what people consider "newsworthy".
jtjrpsmmy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM
They're made of silly puddy anyway. Nasty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I wonder if a nugget from McDonalds can actually be raw. It's not even really chicken.
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Shit happens. The only reason people care so much is because it's a huge chain like mcd
Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM

i've seen a completely frozen chicken patty come out of a Denny's....  its a gamble you take when you let others prep your food.   Oh well.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I would have returned it and got another order.  I understand mistakes happen from time to time. 

4Dragons
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Gross... but it must have been a very slow day for news in New South Wales.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)