Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Male Boss Used the "C" Word In My Office...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

He also calls everyone retards, waltzes into our office and says "whats up broads??"... shit like that, among many other things.

Complaints have been brought to upper management, but nothing has been done. My direct report is quitting because of it. The Director of Operations (male bosses boss) told me on Friday, in not so many words, that my direct report couldn't hack it and all she did was complain.

What would you do???

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MicheleJM
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Probably tell him if he ever talked to me like that again he'd be hearing from my lawyer.  My boss, in jest, called me an ass once and I told him he was no better.  It was over a mistake neither of us caught.  I can deal with that but the c-word is too much.

Tallin
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I would record it all!! Easy to do - I use a recorder at work often - small, electronic. Gather the evidence in case HR ever sides against you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM
You might have to force them to fix it by suing for a hostile work environment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM
It's called sexual harassment and is illegal. The person leaving should file suit against the workplace. Sickening no one has yet!
lilmama31709
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Report it to HR again. Through a damn lawyer. All you need is someone to corroborate your statement. They can not legally fire you if you do report it, with or without a lawyer.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Any type of harassment policies in place? If you can't get upper level management to do anything about it, I'd take it to the corporate level.

Sounds almost like the "male boss's boss" was making a veiled warning to you when they made that comment about the Direct Report.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Gather proof, contact an attorney, look for another job - just in case.  No one should have to work in a hostile work environment, nail their asses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Scuzz Twittly-In Country

First thing I think of when I hear the c-word.

Go ahead and YouTube it, but you better have your sense of humor and big girl panties on.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Oh im so glad I dont work.. i have such a sarcastic potty mouth.. Id be catching law suits left and right.

If you are truley uncomfortable op, complain to hr. If nothing is done, get a lawyer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM

He was. I am being considered for the now vaccant position and the Director of Operations was chatting with me about it on Friday. However, to hear him support the guilty party the way he did, I am considering not only forgetting about submitting my internal application, but maybe looking for a new job all together.

Quoting PPCLC:

Any type of harassment policies in place? If you can't get upper level management to do anything about it, I'd take it to the corporate level.

Sounds almost like the "male boss's boss" was making a veiled warning to you when they made that comment about the Direct Report.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)