Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday party help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I'm throwing dh a surprise birthday party and when I asked him what he wanted to eat for his bday dinner he said steak (t bone to be exact) and I said ok... so when I invited people I asked them what their favorite steak was. Most said "I don't know" and that was usually followed by "steak is expensive"...
Then they said "why not just hamburgers and hot dogs?"
Well, the only thing I could come up with was "he wants steak so all adults are getting steak. Kids get hamburgers and hot dogs"...
The more I think about it, though, the more I think maybe steak isn't the best way to go lol. It's $7.99-11.99 per lb...
So I thought maybe chicken (marinated different ways and grilled), ribs, hamburgers and hot dogs and dh steak.
I've invited 20 adults and their kids.
What do you think?
(Oh and we're having loaded baked potato salad, broccoli with cheese sauce, pasta salad, baked beans, homemade yeast rolls and homemade ice cream cake)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I think having other options makes sense. Not everyone likes steak or can eat red meat for health reasons.

anitarichman
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you cook the steak for him as a b-day dinner and make the hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. for the party?

emsmom627
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM

i think giving him a steak and everyone else burgers and hot dogs is kind of rude.  just make him a special meal on a different day than the party. 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Do you have an Albertsons near you? They usually have a deal going on for Petite sirloin steaks that come in a package of five and if you buy one package you get two for free so that's 15 steaks for like $15. They're small-mediumish but people could have those steaks and your husband could have his tbone still.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM

This makes the most sense.

Quoting anitarichman:

Why don't you cook the steak for him as a b-day dinner and make the hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. for the party?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM
That's exactly why I didn't want to do only him steak. I'm thinking I'll ask the meat place if they'll cut me a deal on steaks...

Quoting emsmom627:

i think giving him a steak and everyone else burgers and hot dogs is kind of rude.  just make him a special meal on a different day than the party. 

WillsMOM72
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I would save the steak for him at home then serve hamburgers and hotdogs at the party.
bellaamore
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Ribs are just as expensive as steak. Cut that out and you'll be fine. For kids, just do hot dogs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Everyone I've invited can have red meat so that's not a problem. :)

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I think having other options makes sense. Not everyone likes steak or can eat red meat for health reasons.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I think do a variety. A little steak, a little chicken, some burgers and dogs. That way people have options. I know plenty of adults who would want a hot dog over a steak.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)