Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is walking on very thin ice

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

So this week is crazy!   Thursday is graduation, junior high promotion and my high school graduates 18th birthday.  Having to really push to make it all celebratory and nice because family couldn't come in from out of state for this graduate like they did for the kid who graduated last year because of health issues....

I am frantically putting together the displays and gifts, etc. that we traditionally do for graduates, promotors and birthday kids around here plus buying gifts etc.  I work from home way more than full time so that is another drag on my time.

Anyway, DH spent THE WHOLE WEEKEND accomplishing one chore that I asked him to do (involved going to store and took maybe one half hour) and the rest of the time was lying around complaining about how tired he was.  I am sleeping maybe three hours a night to pull this celebration out of my butt.....

This morning DH almost got killed (by me!). As he was leaving for work he noticed that I had not washed my car this weekend.   His parting words?  "I hope you can get that car washed today, it doesn't look very good!"  I'm going to kill him............................devil

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Brenna
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Tell him how you feel?
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Wow.
anyotherday
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Grab a bucket, sponge, and soap at the store. Then when he gets home tell him, you asked me to get the car done, here ya go.
smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM
He can wash it himself, douche.
anyotherday
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
And for fuck's sake, chill out. Perfection is over rated. When your health and sleep are suffering in your quest for perfection, it's time to pull back your expectations. No party is worth losing sleep over
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Does he share your expectations for how these parties should go or would he be happy with something more low key?
.mack.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

This.

Maybe he doesn't do anything because... he doesn't care about the parties. 

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman: Does he share your expectations for how these parties should go or would he be happy with something more low key?

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM

most graduates just want you to give them money and let them hang out with friends.family parties are boring..does the kid even want a party?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)