Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Army Wives I need your help!!!!!****EDITED****

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 62 Replies

Here is the situation. My son is deployed and has been since Christmas. He married his wife right before reporting to boot camp and has only been married for 9 months. Well, he found out the other day that she has been cheating on him with another soldier. He is beyond hurt but he is doing what he feels he needs to do. He is filing for divorce under the grounds of adultery. He has also had his money moved to a new account and and had her taken off of his POA (I am it now) and his life insurance beneficiary is his dad (my dh). He has taken her off of his medical insurance. I am calling his bank today (I am listed as being able to talk on the account) and making sure everything is finalized as far as the old account changing the direct deposit over since she has changed the bank account password on him. Is there anything else that he could have had her put on before deployment that he would need to have her taken off of? He has only been in the military since August and even though his dad is former military I didn't meet him until he was retired. Anything he needs to know or needs to do that we are not thinking of? He did tell me that until the divorce is final that he will have to still pay her like $500 a month so I hope that it goes fast. Thanks in advance ladies.

Thanks so much for your info ladies. I am making screen prints of these comments and sending them to his email for him for look over. This way he knows what to ask about and where he needs to go from here. I really appreciate your input. And we did it with little to no drama...lmao. He is staying strong. She tried to alienate us from him for a while but he remembered who his family was. She talked to him and told him that it was his fault. I told him not to respond to messages or texts or Facebook and to block her on FB. I told him to just let her say what she wants and keep his mouth shut and that it would bite her in the butt. Thanks again ladies.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChunkyBunny
by Princess FluffyButt on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd have him contact his c.o. The other guy can get in deep shit.
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Sounds like about it. But yes if the other guy was a soldier he needs to contact his COC, that guy can get in trouble too.

ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

He has already talked to his CO and they are issuing charges against the other soldier

Quoting ChunkyBunny: I'd have him contact his c.o. The other guy can get in deep shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
He can't take her of medical insurance until they are divorced....
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

They have already started charges against the other soldier. He contacted me and then went to his CO.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Sounds like about it. But yes if the other guy was a soldier he needs to contact his COC, that guy can get in trouble too.

ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Right but he has the request ready.

Quoting Anonymous: He can't take her of medical insurance until they are divorced....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Oh wow.  I never knew that.  My dh was in before we met and it sounds like everyone is doing it.  My long time friend told me something similar.  How do they get caught or charged?  

I am just curious, not debating or anything. seriously interested in details. I think it is a good thing. 

Quoting ladybugchick317:

He has already talked to his CO and they are issuing charges against the other soldier

Quoting ChunkyBunny: I'd have him contact his c.o. The other guy can get in deep shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM
How long has he known about the affair?
mommyrustina
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this
That sounds like everything as long as he also updated the death beneficiary and final funds dispersement when he updated the life insurance. Those usually go hand in hand in regards to paperwork so he likely did that.
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

From what he told me (he is in Kosovo) and he pulled up his iChat app and he found their messages because they share an account. I don't know how they charge though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow.  I never knew that.  My dh was in before we met and it sounds like everyone is doing it.  My long time friend told me something similar.  How do they get caught or charged?  

I am just curious, not debating or anything. seriously interested in details. I think it is a good thing. 

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)