Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sad-possible trigger :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Saturday morning my So was going through FB and his best friend had made a post about needing prayers for his 8 month old baby.  He called and the friend told him that he had left the baby on the leather couch while the mom was at work and went outside to do something to his motorcycle.  He claims he was gone about 10 minutes and when he came back in the baby was wedged in the couch and wasn't breathing.  He said he immemdiately called 911 and started CPR.  The baby has been in PICU on life support since Friday night.  They did an MRI yesterday and found that the baby has too much brain damage to breathe on his own.  I'm really sad but find something wrong with the dad's story, even though I hate to make accusations at a time like this.  Ugh.  I don't know...I'm sad and angry.  Especially since I'm expecting as well and I don't know how any parent could be so careless.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM
That was so very irresponsible of the dad =(
Nyk1187
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM
That's tragic, whatever the truth is.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

babies sleeping on a couch didn't get the nickname "killer couches" for no reason :(

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Parenting classes --- everyone should be forced to take them

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Oh my, that is very upsetting :( Something so easily avoided, too... why put the baby on the couch? Why not put him in his crib?? I see what you're saying about it not adding up... it seems to go beyond irresponsibility. Very heartbreaking, either way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Poor baby. I always so saddened to hear about such tragedies that happen with kids - especially tragedies that could have been avoided with some common sense
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my. The story sounds all types of wrong, There has to be more to it. And what an idiot to leave the baby unattended while he's outside playing with his bike. He could have put the baby in a car seat and sat the baby outside with him smh!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM

The play pen was in the same room.  It's really hard to understand!

Quoting Superlaura328:

Oh my, that is very upsetting :( Something so easily avoided, too... why put the baby on the couch? Why not put him in his crib?? I see what you're saying about it not adding up... it seems to go beyond irresponsibility. Very heartbreaking, either way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I read this to my dh (we are expecting our first any day now) and he said that dad was an idiot and needs to be dick punched.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM

UGH This pisses me off too, but im guilty of this SAME thing I use to leave my baby on the couch while he napped to go fold laundry or whatever I needed to do. I would check on him every few min, but it only takes a few short min to suffocate and causes severe brain damage :( Poor dad will never be the same and this poor baby doesn't have a shot in hell of being the same again. Soo terrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)