Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

prison sentence, parole... help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

i'll try to keep it short and to the point.

My ex was in prison. he was charged with robbery, escape, nonpayment of CS, and recieving stolen property. on the online forms, it says he was given 3 years to serve.... he did all 3 years.

when he was released, he was put on parole.... if he messes up, what happens then? like do they just add time on? and if so, for how long?

he's back on drugs, hasn't gone to meet his PO in a few months, there's video proof of him breaking and entering, using a debit card at an ATM (without the card owners permission)... he's also not paying CS, but last time, it took about 5 years for them to finally add that charge against him.

my ex told me a long time ago, that originally, he was looking at 5+ years in prison. i dont know if that was to gain sympathy from people on the outside (he told his mom the same thing)... but if he was supposed to get 5 years, if they catch him, will he be automatically sentenced for 5 years? or 2 years, since he already did 3?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM
From what I understand he would have to do the original sentence. I could be wrong. But from what you are saying he has committed other crimes as well. So most likely he will end up with more time. And if he isn't checking in with his probation officer I'm sure that's a violation in itself. They may be looking for him now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Is he on probation or parole?
catastrophecat
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM

If he violates his parole, gets convicted of a new crime, or fails a drug test... Then he goes back to prison for the remainder of the time from his original sentence if the judge and his parole officer agree that he can't be trusted enough to function in society as a free person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM

sorry... parole.. i'm gonna go back and fix that.

Quoting Anonymous: Is he on probation or parole?

catastrophecat
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Probation is where they didn't have to serve jail time in the first place. Parole is where they served jail/prison time and were released early.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I think it would be parole & if he breaks that, he would have to finish that sentence. If it's probation instead of jail for another charge (maybe one you were unaware of), he would have to do that entire sentence.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM
If he violates probation he could be sent back to prison to serve time for the violation. It all depends on what the violation is. New charge? Dirty screens, failure to pay or appear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM

i cant trust him at all. he says that he just talked with his PO on the phone since he cant meet with him... but then how would they do the drug tests, that he HAS to do, ya know?

and what is the original sentence? the 3 years he served, or the 5 years that HE says he was supposed to do? i'm not sure if there's any way to check what his new sentence would be, if he goes back based on violating his parole.

Quoting Anonymous: From what I understand he would have to do the original sentence. I could be wrong. But from what you are saying he has committed other crimes as well. So most likely he will end up with more time. And if he isn't checking in with his probation officer I'm sure that's a violation in itself. They may be looking for him now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM
If he is found in violation of his parole he may be ordered to finish the remainder of his sentence incarcerated plus any additional time he may incur from the new charges.

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry... parole.. i'm gonna go back and fix that.

Quoting Anonymous: Is he on probation or parole?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)