Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living with family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Due to extenuating circumstances, DH and I are considering living with his Aunt for a few months.

She came by earlier this week, and asked if it was something that we would be open to, due to her own financial situation, and she knows that things are pretty rough for us right now as well.

We are currently NOT in a lease.

We are seriously considering moving, in the next week or two, before rent is due on the 15th. We need to make a final decision tonight, so that his Aunt and Uncle can find someone else to rent the two bedrooms to, if we decide against it. 

I'm very nervous about what living with family will be like, but I think we can make it work for a few months, while we pay off some old debts, and fix our car which is just draining us right now.

What I am more worried about is small space organization. We will have a bedroom, and our two sons ( 7 months and 6 years ) will share a bedroom.

What I'm most worried about is my mother. She is just one of those people! She's going to bitch me out, severely, for this choice, because she doesn't like DH's family, because she doesn't know them and she gets upset because we spend more time with his family than mine. This is because my mom is always depressed, and a major bitch to everyone.

Seriously - situation this weekend. I mentioned that DH and I and the kids are going out to his mother's camper next weekend. My mom then says " I want to go out to that camper" - You've met his mo0ther twice, EVER, I'm not inviting you to her camper. I just said " Oh, yeah " - My mom then turns to my dad and asks my dad if he wants to go out to my MIL's camper this weekend, and my dad said "No, it's not Anon's camper, it's her MIL's camper" - My mom then stomps off, screaming at my father that this is why she's so fucking depressed all the God - d*mn time, because they never f*cking do anything'

This is the type of explosive attitude that I'm going to have to deal with when I tell her.

Wish me luck

anyways - I was wondering if anyone can give me some unique small space organization ideas. I've been on pinterest for days now lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
krbaybay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Bookshelves. Lots of bookshelves.

Also maybe have lunch with your mom and dh aunt... Let them be friendly with each other to make your mom feel better... Just warn the aunt first ;)
bothsidesofcoin
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:30 PM
IKEA is a good place to her ideas. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to be around your mom. She needs therapy. Lots of it. Good luck
pinkfairy0206
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Just don't even talk to your mom then. If she is verbally abusive and explodes like that, she is toxic. Do what you have to do!
katydid150
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Do what you need to do and ignore your mother. Toxic women like that feed off any attention you give them. Don't engage with her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Instead of just blaming your mom and calling her a bitch. Try doing things for her and with her to make her happy. I don't believe in drugs such anti depressants, etc...but that's another story.

my mom has depression too, and explodes and say mean things but I get it because there are a lot of trigger daily that makes one depress. Many times she thinks no one loves her. Because my father tried cheating on her in the past, she has trust issues. And hates a lot of things and even a lot of people.

anyways point is I try to be there for her. Take her camping, treat her to massages, because every mom should get some sort of massages at least once a month, talk to her even though she has nothing good to say but whine and complain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)