Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there such a thing as....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Is there such a thing as fear of aging?

I have a friend. When we met a few years ago, she told me she was 24. Then a few months later, after she turned 25 she said she's actually 21 and that she was born in 1989. Some story about making herself older so she could marry some guy.

Fast forward a few years, she turned 25. Now all of a sudden, she's telling me she was actually born in 1993 so she's 21. Once again some crazy story about being found in a dumpster and how there was a note with her that said, 'please take care of my daughter..her birthday is Dec 22nd 1993.

So, obvious she must be afraid of turning 25, right?

Should I confront her or play along?

She has 2 girls. A 5 year old and a 6 year old. She shares custody with her ex.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
That's not a fear of aging that's just crazy.
-_-
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Don't acknowledge her age at all. If she brings it up, just smile and nod.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM

LMAO. I am sorry....It just struck me as so funny....

If someone is feeling desperate enough to leave their baby in a DUMPSTER, they are NOT going to take the time to write an endearing little take care of my baby note...and then literally throw the baby away.

It's horrible that I am laughing about that, but the sheer ridiculousness just struck me funny.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
LOL THAT IS WEIRD!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Lol. That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

I know she's lying but I want to know why!!! This is the 3rd time she was supposedly turning 25...then all of a sudden some crazy story and she's back to 21.
And she's a mother of young kids!!

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

If someone is feeling desperate enough to leave their baby in a DUMPSTER, they are NOT going to take the time to write an endearing little take care of my baby note...and then literally throw the baby away.

It's horrible that I am laughing about that, but the sheer ridiculousness just struck me funny.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Did someone in her family die at age 25?

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. That's exactly what I was thinking!!! I know she's lying but I want to know why!!! This is the 3rd time she was supposedly turning 25...then all of a sudden some crazy story and she's back to 21. And she's a mother of young kids!!
Quoting cinnamonkiti:

BAMFSFW
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Neither. I'd never be friends w/ someone this crazy/that lies this much. If you are remaining her friend then you might as well play along, she'll just tell another lie (usually w/ a sob story) again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Well, her father was murdered but he was older than 25. But now according to her, he was her adoptive father. Her real dad was a British soldier who was shot for falling in love with her birth mother. I feel silly writing this. I can't believe she expects people to believe this.

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Did someone in her family die at age 25?

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

I know she's lying but I want to know why!!! This is the 3rd time she was supposedly turning 25...then all of a sudden some crazy story and she's back to 21.
And she's a mother of young kids!!

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Up until she told me this story, she was my sitter. But I don't feel comfortable with her watching my kids anymore.

Quoting BAMFSFW: Neither. I'd never be friends w/ someone this crazy/that lies this much. If you are remaining her friend then you might as well play along, she'll just tell another lie (usually w/ a sob story) again.
landontsmama08
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM

That's not a fear of aging. Your friend is a effing weirdo and she's being ridiculous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)