Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Traumatizing a child on purpose

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

My daughter's (7 y/o) step grandmother, who is my ex husbands MIL (basically just "grandma" to my daughter) told my daughter that her SM (crazy ladys own daughter) is going to DIE soon because she smokes cigs. Im upset because my daughter is very close with her SM and is now on full panic mode. She has cried and threw fits because she really thinks SM is about to die.  She has been having severe anxiety since her grandma told her this last night. Ugh this makes me so upset. What kind of crazy freaking person would tell a child that?? And who tells someone that thier own daughter is about to die (unless they are). Dumb ass woman

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

BUMP!

bothsidesofcoin
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM
That is sick
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Eh, I guarantee your daughter will never forget it as she grows up, and it will probably keep her from ever smoking. I think you're overreacting a bit. I don't sugarcoat things to kids either. Chances are, SM is going to die from something related to her smoking eventually. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I agree somewhat and me nor my ex husband smoke BUT she didnt say "eventually" she said soon!

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Eh, I guarantee your daughter will never forget it as she grows up, and it will probably keep her from ever smoking. I think you're overreacting a bit. I don't sugarcoat things to kids either. Chances are, SM is going to die from something related to her smoking eventually. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM

And no matter how much I tell her that SM is healthy and just fine... its like grandmas word is bond

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: That is sick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Well, if she does die soon then she wasn't wrong.
BekahBrownEyes
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I agree. OP that "grandma" is a toxic bitch, I'd never let her around DD ever again.

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: That is sick
curvygurl1912
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM
That is a shitty thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM

haha We could all die soon but would you tell a kid that? Especially a sensitive child

Quoting Anonymous: Well, if she does die soon then she wasn't wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)