Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yup, it's an "Am I pregnant?" post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I'm 5 days late.  My 29 day cycle has been very regular.  Multiple negative hpt's.  Anyone been ultra late before finally getting a positive test? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaylorBaby
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM

i was over a week late when i finally got a BFP with my daughter. i knew before i missed it.

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Could be the brand that you are taking is not picking up enough of the HCG. Maybe try a different brand if you haven't already.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I never got a positive home test with DD. Had to go have a blood test to confirm pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Quoting kaybayblee3:

Could be the brand that you are taking is not picking up enough of the HCG. Maybe try a different brand if you haven't already.

I've tried 3 different brands >.<;;

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I've been 5 days late and then got my cycle. It's normal to have an off month every now and then
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Then I would say maybe you could be having an off month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kaybayblee3:

I've tried 3 different brands >.<;;

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Quoting MamaJess9: I never got a positive home test with DD. Had to go have a blood test to confirm pregnancy.

Will they do a blood test at a walk in clinic?  I moved 6 months ago and haven't found a new family doctor yet.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:55 PM
I don't know. I just called my regular gyn, told them hpts were negative but I KNEW I was, they had me come in for a blood test.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaJess9: I never got a positive home test with DD. Had to go have a blood test to confirm pregnancy.

Will they do a blood test at a walk in clinic?  I moved 6 months ago and haven't found a new family doctor yet.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It's possible you ovulated late. There are two phases to a cycle. The Follicular phase is from the first day of your period until the day ovulation occurs. The second phase is the Luteal phase and that's the day from ovulation to the first day if the next period. The Follicular can vary from month to month. You can ovulate 6 days after your period ends one month and not ovulate until 9 days after it ends the next month. The Luteal phase stays consistent every month, so if your period starts 14 days after ovulation occurs, it should always be 14 days. If you ovulate late, it will make your Luteal phase start late (but should still stay consistent of when the next period starts). So basically, the only way to REALLY know if your period is late, is by knowing the day you ovuated and how many days after that that your period starts.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)