Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hole in the crotch of jeans?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

i am trying to mend my dh's jeans. the belt loops in a pair is coming off and there are a couple of jeans that has holes in the crotch *from him crouching and such* how can i fix them?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
juls7111
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM

What about trying those iron on patches... ?

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM

they dont work very well

Quoting juls7111:

What about trying those iron on patches... ?

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I turn them into yarn to crochet rugs and such once the crotch gives out. So here is a bump as I am no help. 

juls7111
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Well if you have a sewing machine use the reg patches.. I generally toss my husbands when he gets those holes.. he loves cheap jeans so i just head to our roses and buy him a new 10 dollar pair lol..

funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they in the croch right at the place where there's a bunch of seams?  Those are nearly impossible to mend neatly.  I would try the patches, like others have suggested, but seams on jeans are very difficult to patch.

Oh, and belt loops can be reinforced by hand.  You'll need a good, sturdy needle and thread.  I've used dental floss to mend jeans and the straps on my kids' canvas book bags.

Sonshine627
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Idk dh wears them till there literally unwearable infact a few weeks ago was the FIRST time since i MET him 4 years ago that hes even been clothes shopping
eclaudin
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM
If you have a sewing machine, sew in patches. If you were planning on hand sewing, don't waste your time or fingers - buy him new jeans.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)