Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad? Crying? I don't get it!!!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 1 Replies
My youngest dd is in 5th grade, next week is 5th grade fly up and clap out at the end of the day. All over FB, moms are boohoo-ing and getting weepy/emotional about fly up next week. Someone commented that they think I am cold and uncaring because I'm not crying and I am excited about it. I just don't get the whole being sad about your child growing up!!! Right from the very start, I knew my girls weren't going to be mine forever, I knew they would grow up and become their own person with their own lives. I have been excited at every stage of their life, watching them grow, change and evolve into fantastic young women. I have held them when they were sad, supported them when they were determined and cheered when they conquered. I just can't bring myself to be sad that one chapter is closing and another is opening. My daughter has worked her ass off all through elementary school to get good grades, serve on committees, balance extracurricular activities and maintain family and friend relationships. I don't understand why I should cry that she has achieved these things! What is wrong with being happy and excited about it?? Someone please explain the boohoo to me!
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
catngabsmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)