Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I sent my DD home early from our vacation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 249 Replies
21 moms liked this

My DD is 16. We are on vacation in California visiting family and just enjoying CA. From day one my DD had a bad attitude. She didnt want to talk to anyone, be involved in anything, arguing every single chance she got, creating a ton of drama, and just was makign things miserable for everyone

She freaked out if she didnt get her way and honestly she was acting like a toddler. DH and I gave her a warning that if she didnt change her attitude about things we would be flying her home to stay with her grandma the rest of the trip. Her attitude got worse and so we bought her a plane ticket and sent her home

She said she is never going to talk to us again and blah blah blah but I think that it was worth it. We have all enjoyed the vacation without her attitude. We gave her a chance to change how she was acting and she knew the consequences. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeschoolmom9
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Way to get rid of your kid and show to her she is just a burden
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM
61 moms liked this

Sorry but actions have consequences. 

She was more than welcome to stay if she had just been respectful to everyone else. 

Quoting homeschoolmom9: Way to get rid of your kid and show to her she is just a burden

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM
5 moms liked this
Good job of sticking to your word.
Arwynn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM
11 moms liked this
Really?
Life choices have life consequences. She knew what the consequences were. I would have done the same thing and no, my children are not burdens.

Quoting homeschoolmom9: Way to get rid of your kid and show to her she is just a burden
Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I would do the same.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM
11 moms liked this
She was warned, she chose to call your bluff. Too bad for her for not listening, and good for you for sticking to your guns! Parents make threats like that all the time and don't follow through. I applaud you!
Arwynn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have done the same. Maybe missing out on something she thinks she's entitled to because she's part of the family will have a lasting effect. I also suggest having her volunteer in an orphanage or soup kitchen for the summer.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Good for you. Immediate consequences are the best way to discipline. She will never act that way again.
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM
16 moms liked this
She's 16 not 6. Good job to the parents for not letting their child's behavior control the vacation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)